FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
Phil Steinschneider - Cool F/X

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SCOFFMAN
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:52 am    Post subject: Phil Steinschneider - Cool F/X Reply with quote

I just wanted to comment on Phil Steinschneider's service. I ordered a pair of the Arnolfo di Cambio Cibi Double Old Fashioned Whiskey glasses from him just before midnight PST on 4/2... and had received a reply from him on the order sometime in the wee morning hours on Thursday. He shipped it out on Friday morning, and I had received it by Monday evening, which is great since he's on the opposite side of the country from me. The glasses were wrapped in several layers of newspaper, then in bubble-wrap with clear wrapping tape... which Phil even kindly folded over the loose ends of so it could be easily peeled off. This was all enclosed in a generous amount of foam peanuts in a new USPS Priority Mail box...not some shoddy, beat- up reused cardbox box. To say the least, it came off to me to be a very professional job and I am very impressed with his service and packing, especially considering his reasonable pricing on the glassware. Other than Tuscan Hills, the only other web site I saw offering the glasses was selling them for $128 a pair shipped, whereas Phil is only charging $106 shipped. Kudos to Phil! I would definately recommend and purchase from him again.
Once-bitten
Banned!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too have always had GREAT service from Phil concerning the Cibi Glasses(of which I also just ordered 2 more) and as I have stated elswhere, I believe he's going to see a run on his Cibi glasses now that the BR Whiskey Bottle is iminent.
Anyone ordering some to go with their bottle?
The Loyalizer
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm planning on getting a couple, but I've had to push that purchase back since I've got to finish paying off a custom leather jacket this month.

I'll just have to drink straight from the bottle for the time being. Razz

"We began to recognize in them a strange obsession..."

http://fcomin.cgsociety.org/gallery/
Once-bitten
Banned!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the economic solution if you just cant afford a Cibi Glass:

http://propsummit.com/viewtopic.php?t=674&highlight=bryants+shotglasses

I have been picking these up at thrift and junk shops for pennys...planning on sending some with a few bottles for fun!
Daddy Solo
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:40 am    Post subject: Re: Blade Runner Holster Reply with quote

After doing some homework, I came across Phil's site. I e-mailed him regarding availability of his blaster holster and he responded immediately. He was very gracious and informative so I purchased one of his holsters and it arrived by the end of the week. Phil sent me updates as to the shipping status and any tracking info. I received it yesterday and I have to say it is TOP NOTCH!!! All -in-all a perfect experience and I would recommend Phil to anyone looking for these types of items. 5/5 Exclamation
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roger that Daddy Solo...thanks for sharing and yes, Phil is one heck of a guy Cool
Bassnoir
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks Phill.....the "holster" is a beauty and the "glasses" formerly on display..... are currently...in service...
Gero
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would also like to thank Phil on this way for his excellent holster. He made it for a special birthday present.
A great seller and a very nice interlocutor.
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TFS Gero; as you can see from the other msgs on the board Phil has a reputation...a very good reputation Cool
RetroNeon

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 11:05 pm    Post subject: Premium Holster Review Reply with quote

The Tomenosuke stunt blaster has given me the opportunity to start collecting BR props. Anticipating its arrival, and wanting to wear it for conventions, I've purchased Phil's premium holster.

The shipping was very fast. And the item was as protected as possible. Even if it was not, it's not like the leather would have shattered. I wish other sellers were as careful.

What surprises you first is how good the material smells. The quality is excellent. The suede is dark brown, not black like in the pictures on his site. At first I thought it was just the back of the leather. But now I can see two sheets bonded such that it appears as only one layer. I'm surprised the metal has thickness for holding. From the outside, it looks like flat spring steel is fitted.

I'm curious to see how the blaster will fit. This is in anticipation of a rubber stunt which won't ship out for another month. The low weight will help it stay in place. But the sight might be fragile. Probably isn't for quick draws. As an aside, I feel that fiber optic strands would make a great replacement for the LEDs in a static prop. "Light-piping" as they call it in another hobby.

The holster is a curious adapted design. Instead of being a pocket, it's completely open on one side. But it does help more of the blaster to be seen on camera. I see posts here of people developing alternative designs. Going to look into those. But it's nice to own an accurate design first.

In conclusion, I'm happy to support a great prop maker.
Skin-Job
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phil's customer service is second to none.

It may surprise people to know that I myself designed, make and supply Phil's premium holsters.

I have done for some years now.

The lining suede is a whole 1mm thick, and is a dark chocolate brown, as the originals were before they faded.

Thew lining suede is glued to the outer shell over its entire surface before being stitched together, the stainless steel clamshell spring is captured in an enclosed pocket between them.

The entire holster is stitched, by hand, one stitch at a time with waxed linen thread.

My holster is the culmination of many years of development. I designed the holster from reference from scratch and I've made a total of 18 different prototypes to get it right.

Karl
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cannot beat Karl's quality holsters Cool
panaflex
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once-bitten wrote:
I too have always had GREAT service from Phil concerning the Cibi Glasses(of which I also just ordered 2 more) and as I have stated elswhere, I believe he's going to see a run on his Cibi glasses now that the BR Whiskey Bottle is iminent.

Ive been away for awhile, can you elaborate on this? Great news! Where can we order a bottle from?

Many thanks.
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

panaflex wrote:
Once-bitten wrote:

Ive been away for awhile, can you elaborate on this? Great news! Where can we order a bottle from?

Many thanks.

Once-bitten has not been a member here for a few years now. The whiskey bottle run has has come and gone too. Sorry

Andy
panaflex
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info. That's too bad.
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was a plastic version of the bottle made in Japan by Nyzekii IIRC, and I heard rumors of another glass one perhaps, but haven't heard anything about it in a while. Hopefully something will happen again with it.

Andy
panaflex
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

andy wrote:
There was a plastic version of the bottle made in Japan by Nyzekii IIRC, and I heard rumors of another glass one perhaps, but haven't heard anything about it in a while. Hopefully something will happen again with it.

Andy

Thanks for the extra info.
I had seen the plastic version when it came out but thought it was a little too slender for my tastes. Plus, I'd feel better about drinking liquor out of glass.
rickhoward
Community Guide

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:39 pm    Post subject: Excellent Set of Transactions Reply with quote

I purchased two holsters from Phil earlier this year (one premium and one LAPD officer issue - hopefully crafted by Skin-Job, as that would make me all the happier).

As a newcomer to all things PropSummit, I was all the more impressed with the service Phil rendered. Quick to respond, informative, transparent ithrough the transaction... as mentioned by others, an altogether excellent experience.
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the feedback...see, it's easy to develop a good reputation: be honest, transparent and in tune with your customer's need. Phil has been doing that for years; I'm glad he's part of Propsummit!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Buyer Feedback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: