FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
Siderio new worldcon replica
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner Blaster Information and Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Siderio
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 5:37 pm    Post subject: Siderio new worldcon replica Reply with quote

Hello,
first of all I want to tank you Mr. todd that had helped me with his great experience and Mr.Hirohawa that sent to me an original viewer knob that was my little starting point. the most of you know that my English is not so perfect but made model kits is not my primary job, so I have not so much ime to seat on a school room to leran a better English language. Howerver my friend Todd can be more clear as I talked with him about my other wroks.
I want to say to all collectors that I decided to make the new worldcon replica. As some friends of mine known I started to zero and first of all I thought to make accurated grips and frame. Yes I am realizing the new Blaster Worldcon Gun, so now you know that in about a month will be available for sale. Why my website has been not updated very often? As I said I am involved in alot of important projects but I also consider important to make an affordable new Blade Runner Worldcon kit . I want you know that the new kit will have: Preassembled electronics kit, you will have no more to use soldered but the electroinics will be easily plugged.All parts of the kit will be assembled by screws so no more glue is required. I can assure that a child will be able to easily build this kit. The price will be the old one, so you will receive a more accurated kit where I am spending more time, more money, but the price will be the old one.

I would need only some more interesting in my work. So please if you were satisfied about my old replica reply to my post. I really would like to know how much people consider my work sufficient, I would like to know if I am working for those people that consider my kit a right job.

I will keep update you!

Sincerly Siderio.
KarlBud420
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very good to hear from you here at Propsummit, Siderio!

I purchased your old kit and am very happy to hear that you will be making your own WorldCon model.

You can count me in for your new model when it is ready, since I cannot afford a metal Coyle and the quality of your work is extremely nice.

It is also good to know that it will be assembled with all screws. One of the things that made me the most nervous when putting the last version together, aside from soldering the lights, was gluing the barrel to the frame because I did not want it to be crooked or rotated after the epoxy dried.

Take care,
Bruce
Heat2237
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have one of your kits. Awesome gun. I can't wait for the new version to come out. I am going to definitely buy one.
Once-bitten
Banned!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great news Siderio and Thank-you for ending the debate as to whether or not this will happen.
Here are my concerns with the last FINE blaster you produced, I hope you will accept this critique in the spirit it is intended, with loving concern that the NEXT Blaster you produce will be even MORE accurate.
As you know, your last blaster did not have one of these(thank-you Karl):

OR one of these:

And I noticed that the Butt-Plate was not thick enough(sorry no pic)

Hoping these details are on the new Blaster!
Thanks again!
hirohawa
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your old kit was fantastic. Very easy to work with and great results and heft when finished.

Eagerly awaiting pics of the new one.
Siderio
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Once-bitten,
Your critiques are welcome. I am spending a lot of time to make an accurated ammo clip, I did't able to find an exact copy of the switch so I am making it my self . Also the new knob will be present. I would have to thank you another member of this message board that sent me a knob but unfortunately I am not able to find his email so I can't mention his name. The new knob viewer will be screwdable on the new version, as I said no more glue. Naturally when I said that I am making the new grips I mean that my new model will have a new accurated butplate. I hope to find the time during the week to post some images about the new parts. All parts that composed the Blaster has been redone so don't worry the new Blaster will match as more as possible the Worldcon one.

Siderio
Xhiwar

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hehe... hehehehehehHEEEEE!

Man, that is FANTASTIC news!
Now I WILL have my accurate metal blaster!

Thanks Siderio! Count me in for AT LEAST one kit, probably more!

Xhiwar
Siderio
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I promised I found the time to shots some images of my new worldcon model. First of all I want to say that Mr. Karl Tate gave to us the opportunity to work on this new project so I THANK YOU. I don't want to be polemical but i didn't understand why when the worldcon images was did nobody thought to place a rule near the worldcon model gun. Probably the owner denied his approval ! To better reply to once-bitten about my attention to the details I can say that I first thought to make new grip farme and new grips. It was not so difficult understand the measures of the grips. Why? The grips, as you know, have got a rhombus pattern thanks the crossed lines. So my first step was buy a gun-line maker on ebay. Than I made two new grips with a flate surfaces. I took the worldcon images and I count the lines that compose the rhoumbus and I followed the right angle of inclination to make those right lines. After covered my grips with gun-line tool I just counted the rhombus and I shaped it to obtain the most closer grips as possible.

I started with the gun-line tool to make the pattern lines

I followed the right angle of inclination

I did the same steps for both grips

You can note the right angle of iclination of the lines. Then I reshaped the grips and cast them in trasparent orange resin.

This is the results of transparent casting of the new grips, you can also note the new grip frame with the upper wings and new buttplate

The buttplate

This show you the hollow betwen the wings

You can see also the new knob, as I said no more glue but all screwdable parts. Also you can see the switch metal mask with off-on marks and not a simple decals or label print. Also the upper knob is made with inglobed screw.

Have fun, more images will come!
Siderio
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry I forget new left side cover and the new hollow side rod to allow wires to run to both ends for the LEDs. as you can note it will comes wired and with plug so no more solder will be required. At the end you will have to easily plug it in a central unit hided in to the ammo clip.

[/img]
docatomic
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, this is great news. I'm definitely interested in the new kit. Thanks for the production pics, too -- they're fascinating, especially for those of us who aren't model-makers ourselves.

I'm looking forward to hearing more about it as the blaster progresses. Smile
docatomic
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quick question: Can the Weaver screw be replaced with a standard screw for those of us who would rather have it be screen accurate, and not World Con accurate? Would it be a simple matter of just swapping out screws?

This isn't vital or anything, I'm just curious.
bbabich
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SID!!! I am very thankful that you decided to do this piece. I look forward to buying your new version so I can finally complete my collection with an accurate, well crafted and beautiful PKD.

Looking forward to seeing the rest of your progress.

-Bryan
Siderio
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

About the knob screw, I think you have right because the stunt resin used in the movie have got a normal screw and not the worldcon knob. So you will be happy to know that I decide to make also the normal screw that will be included in the kit. So a collector will be able to decide if made a worldcon version or not World Con accurate.
hirohawa
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Incredible work!

Thanks for sharing.
docatomic
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice to hear. So I'll be able to swap the screws depending on my mood. Smile

One other question... Will the new kit feature the exposed cylinder underneath the bolt lever? This is one of my favorite details, even though it's never actually visible in the movie...

(Image copyright Karl Tate)
phase pistol
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Siderio,

First let me say FANTASTIC job on the reworked Worldcon version blaster! It seems you hare really nailed the "look" of the oriignal.

Regarding the lack of scale reference, first let me say in my defense, finding the gun on display at Worldcon was a surprise to me, and I was not properly prepared. My apologies.

However I did have the presence of mind to take some scale shots. Present in several of the photos is my Moleskine Pocket Squared Reporter-style notebook. This notebook is 90.33mm x 140.33mm.

Present on the inside cover of the notebook is a QP Gray Scale Card, which has a scale of 4cm printed on its edge.

Siderio
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear karl,
I am happy to know that the grey card scale is in millimeters. I would like only to know if the images where the grey card scale is near the buttplate is alligned to it so I can obtain the right measures and compare them with mine. Also I have to say that I havn't those images otherwise I did not say you didn't use a rule. I think that the most important image that can help me to obatain the right measures is the one with the buttplate, it seem you take the photo perpendicularly, is this right? The other shots seems not perpendicularly respect the gun, but could be a my wrong point of view.

Your help will be very apreciated.
phase pistol
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really? You did not see those photos before?

Thre are others as well... I believe they are all in the big archive that's posted here

http://www.propsummit.com/brpics/worldconphotos.zip

If not let me know and I will get you the remaining scaled photos.

As to your question about the perpendicular scale, yes I shot that with the notebook staniding right next to the buttplate. You can see in the reflection in the glass table, that it all lines up.

In addition to the marks printed on the QP scale, you can also use the overall size of the notebook itself to make some estimates as to the size of things in the photos. You could even get one of these notebooks and place it next to your own replica gun and see if it matches the Worldcon photos.
phase pistol
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another point of reference is my hand... the grip fills the hand comfortably, and there is no cramping of my fingers (as there is in most replicas that are too small).

Siderio
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Karl, send me yor hand measures
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner Blaster Information and Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

Jump to: