View previous topic :: View next topic  
temponaut
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

spinner44.com wrote:
Thanks for the info Gary!

My pleasure, John.

SKIN JOB, you got a nice price!

Thanks for the link to the review, Cessna. Michael's site is always a great place to look for detailed appraisals of 1/6-scale figures and other collectibles.

CessnaDriver wrote:
Ordered Dallas myself.

No Kane? Was it... the MUSTACHE? Shocked
Space Jockey
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mustache?? What Mustache??
Posted these images on a couple of other boards, unpainted ones are shipping this week, painted ones very early next week... Been busy all day today working on them.

Last edited by Space Jockey on Sat May 23, 2009 11:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am starting to wish I ordered the painted one.

Andy
Mark Sheppard
Community Member

Location: In my office playing golf, pouring drinks, making deals.

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MUCH BETTER!!!!!

That looks great Spacejockey, so much better than the guy with the mustache... I was just reading the back posts on this thread, Skinjob66's "freddy mercury" comment was hilarious, and about right. It actually looks correct here... I dont know how they got Kane so messed up to begin with.. He looked like Tom Selleck before
Space Jockey
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy,
If you do decide on a painted one let me know by the end of tuesday, as I'm planning on mailing out the unpainted ones on either tuesday or wednesday (more likely wednesday). I have a couple of extra painted ones in progress. Very Happy

Actually Hot Toys did do a terrific sculpt of Kane, they did preview it (though they were careful not to give too much away, his head was always shot at a weird angle or partially obscured) then after a long wait they then replaced it with the Freddy Mercury sculpt and shocked everyone! It's a shame, but there you go I guess Very Happy
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How much more for the painted one?

Andy
SKIN JOB 66
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WELL DONE GRAHAM !!!

Really great sculpt !!! (and I don't talk about the paint job, here... WOW !!!)

Fred
temponaut
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, the paint work on these is wonderful. This may seem an odd thing to write, but I'm especially impressed by how realistic the back of the helmet looks! Very nice brush work all around. Excellent sculpt, too. And the scale nameplates and triangle patches are a sweet bonus.

Ever since HT released its Kane figure, collectors have been yearning for someone to do a proper Kane head (at least, this one has Wink ). Thank you, SJ, for stepping up to the plate in a big way!

Forgive me for mentioning something that probably doesn't need mentioning, but please be sure to give the painted heads plenty of time to dry before shipping. I know it's a no-brainer, but I can't tell you how many times I've received painted items that were smudged or rubbed off onto the packaging material because they hadn't completely dried before they were packed. I don't mind waiting a few more days to let the paints cure fully.

Thanks again, SJ!
Space Jockey
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers guys!
Yeah, it's a tricky sculpt as I had to be sure the helmet could fit over it okay. If you compare either the existing Dallas or Kane headsculpts you get to other 1/6 scale figures they seem a little smaller. I was hoping to ship painted ones this week but I tried a couple of new techniques yesterday which took longer than expected, hence I'll be shipping the painted ones on the 11th/12th May (taking into account Temponaut's advice!). The upside is that the faces I think look better than what is shown above, so I'm looking forward to what people think when they get them!
SKIN JOB 66
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A huge THANK YOU to Graham / SJ for sending me one of his amazing Kane heads !

I was a little sad to pull out my dear "Kanny Mercury" head but really happy to finaly see Kane wearing is usual head on his shoulders... and I don't talk about the name tag on the chest armor plate or the UK tricentenial patch on the butt pocket !

Well done Graham !!!

Fred

Last edited by SKIN JOB 66 on Sat Jun 20, 2009 6:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gaff87
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stunning!!
Great work Graham
Space Jockey
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great! I'm glad it reached you nice and safe, Fred. Your very welcome.
Mark Sheppard
Community Member

Location: In my office playing golf, pouring drinks, making deals.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOw Graham snd Fred, that looks great!!! I need to get one of those figures..

I havent had time to post much lately cos I cleaned out my shop to reorganize, put new shelves in, and finish this nostromo project. My place was a mess Sad
Gaff87
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jtparker wrote:
I need to get one of those figures..

Same here.
Dallas for me i think Smile
theprofessor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

steevy wrote:
Hmmm maybe Hurt wouldn't let them use his likeness.They can certainly be accurate when they want to.You could always use the facehugger head instead. Razz

I haven't posted here in a while, been real busy with work. But I just got the UPS shipping notice for the Kane figure which I ordered from Bigbadtoystore. I bet the deal with Hurt's likeness, is the same deal with Gary Oldman. J.K. Rowling probably owns the toy license to Hurt's likeness since he was in Harry Potter. It's the same reason we won't get a Commissoner Gordon figure with Oldman's likeness. It all comes down to the massive licensing contracts that the Potter series brought down. Crazy. Rowling is the new George Lucas when it comes to licensing. I hope to get the Dallas figure once more funds become available. Along with the Kane figure, I also bought a Palisades Toys Deluxe resin Space Jockey. Can't wait to get this stuff.
clutch
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those figures make me mad everytime I look at them. Craptastic quality. I has so many broken straps and non-working lights on Dallas, I threw it back in the box and in storage.
Space Jockey
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theprofessor wrote:
steevy wrote:
Hmmm maybe Hurt wouldn't let them use his likeness.They can certainly be accurate when they want to.You could always use the facehugger head instead. Razz

I haven't posted here in a while, been real busy with work. But I just got the UPS shipping notice for the Kane figure which I ordered from Bigbadtoystore. I bet the deal with Hurt's likeness, is the same deal with Gary Oldman. J.K. Rowling probably owns the toy license to Hurt's likeness since he was in Harry Potter. It's the same reason we won't get a Commissoner Gordon figure with Oldman's likeness. It all comes down to the massive licensing contracts that the Potter series brought down. Crazy. Rowling is the new George Lucas when it comes to licensing. I hope to get the Dallas figure once more funds become available. Along with the Kane figure, I also bought a Palisades Toys Deluxe resin Space Jockey. Can't wait to get this stuff.

Yeah your probably right; it's too bad we'll never see an accurate Kane figure with or without the suit (like in a chestburster scene)...
Should get some pics on here in the next couple of days of the Hot Toys Alien from ALIEN... it's currently on display at San Diego ComicCon.
I love the Dallas and Kane figure, those are the only two I'm keeping; the rest of my HT Aliens figs are going.
Space Jockey
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Below are some pics of Hot Toys upcoming release of the Alien. It's in the same scale as Dallas and Kane, and is looking good, the coloring and base are superb.
However, there are some concerns over some of the details, such as the missing 'extra thumb' on each hand; the small teeth and the skull under the dome just looks terrible. The was a petition over on the Sideshow Freaks board to try and ask Hot Toys to make the corrections, and we'll see what comes of it. They'll listened in the past to concerns on other licences such as Batman and Terminator, so fingers crossed.

Hot Toys site and more images are at http://www.hottoys.com.hk/index.php?target=products&product_id=466

joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for sharing SpaceJockey...sure there's some rough spot on that Alien, but, as you mentioned, hopefuly Hot Toys will listen to the critiques...
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not sure I like the direction that Alien is going. It looks like it is trying to incorporate some of the "style" of the later alien designs. The Medicom RAH is still one of the best I have seen, too bad it is too small for the scale to these guys.

Andy
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Scale Modeling All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: