FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
Egg chamber silly idea build

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jens2133
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2022 5:24 am    Post subject: Egg chamber silly idea build Reply with quote

Hey, all!
Hope this finds everyone well.
On Easter, it came to me that I could turn an egg tray I had lying around into something more, well, visually satisfying, so I grabbed some materials and came up with this:

Given the title of this topic, you probably know where this is going.

Maybe I should have taken some pictures of the building steps, sorry for that - on the other hand, there was nothing remarkable to the build itself, just the usual musings over which materials to use and how to achieve what.
I covered one of the egg holders with some styrene and used rough sandpaper as the floor (the other five egg holes are already prepped with masking tape for a coat of primer).
Also, I've found that contact cement is useful for some eerie alien residue sculpting.

The diorama will have a light source, Kane's dropped torch thingy. The light will come from a cut-down fairy light:

With the torch in place (I hollowed it out for the wire):

With the Hiya Toys Kane figure in place, this is how it looks:

More sanding, priming and painting it will be next. I'll post the progress here.

Cheers, all!
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2022 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it's a good start Wink Love the idea since no one did a dio like this one before! Eager to see your next update
Jens2133
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a quick update on the egg chamber. I've applied a paint job of a black primer undercoat, then tried a mixture of flat black and dark olive green for the wall structure. The floor has a heavy drybrush of the same dark olive, with some lighter streaks of dark sand colour in a few places.

Now that the creative bug has bitten me, I'm thinking of adding more dimension to the rims of the egg bowls with some putty, add a "base of a tree" look to the egg bases, as if there were some roots going into the ground from them.
Will keep you updated. For now, I hope you enjoy!

This is where this is going:

joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Getting there Wink
Jens2133
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2022 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sooo...I've added some more Alien nastiness to the floor around the eggholders and toyed around with its colouring. I'll leave it as it is now, since adding lighter colours didn't work well in conjunction with Kane's suit colour, I've found.

Kane's dropped hand lamp is working, thanks to a single LED fairy light coming up through the floor.

The battery pack is (very unceremoniously) stuffed in the back:

The last steps are giving it a coat of clear satin lacquer and glueing Kane permanently to his penultimate resting place.

Cheers!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Scale Modeling All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: