FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
Tomenosuke blasters in latest BR2049 teaser/trailer

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Replica and Screen Used Props
View previous topic :: View next topic  
phase pistol
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 6:32 pm    Post subject: Tomenosuke blasters in latest BR2049 teaser/trailer Reply with quote

Full trailer is coming Monday, but til then take a look at the quick teaser!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUgbntoMyW8

I counted the Tomenosuke blaster making FOUR appearances at least!
jameth
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw two.

The gun he fires after hitting a guy is not the Blade Runner Blaster.
phase pistol
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK I'll cop to being wrong about #4... the woman isn't firing the Deckard style blaster, but it seems to have some similarities.

As to Ryan's firing blaster, I wasn't sure but it looks... similar. I admit I haven't got a good look at the "new syle" blasters from the new film yet.

Mr Webber
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks different in this pic

The old green leds issue back?

Old school shoulder rig.

Staar
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

phase pistol wrote:

As to Ryan's firing blaster, I wasn't sure but it looks... similar. I admit I haven't got a good look at the "new syle" blasters from the new film yet.

I've seen and handled Gosling's stunt blaster from the new movie and this is not it.

M

joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting for sure...teasing us again Mark I think that RG has a totally different gun in the pic.
As for the woman, it's similar to the one we know and yet, some details are not Confused
BadAtNames
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Staar wrote:

I've seen and handled Gosling's stunt blaster from the new movie and this is not it.

M

Okay, I'm not naive enough to expect you to give us any specific details about the blaster itself but might you at least be willing to tell us what, as both a professional prop maker and a fan, you felt about it when you saw it?
Staar
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BadAtNames wrote:
Staar wrote:

M

Okay, I'm not naive enough to expect you to give us any specific details about the blaster itself but might you at least be willing to tell us what, as both a professional prop maker and a fan, you felt about it when you saw it?

I thought it was horrible. Well, that's not quite true, it looks like any blaster for any ok Sci-Fi movie not something 'real-world' or unique as the original blaster is. There are a few characteristics they have tried to carry over but its very complicated by way of the shapes, angles and textures and while it sits in the hand nicely, I didn't feel that I was even remotely connected to the BR world.

I suspect that part of the issue is that it was never a working blaster in other words, its not made of real gun parts and possibly this is the charm and very necessary characteristic that its missing.

Its not a bad design in fact some folk might like it, its just not (for me) a BLADE RUNNER weapon.

hirohawa
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Staar wrote:
BadAtNames wrote:
Staar wrote:

M

I thought it was horrible. Well, that's not quite true, it looks like any blaster for any ok Sci-Fi movie not something 'real-world' or unique as the original blaster is. There are a few characteristics they have tried to carry over but its very complicated by way of the shapes, angles and textures and while it sits in the hand nicely, I didn't feel that I was even remotely connected to the BR world.

I suspect that part of the issue is that it was never a working blaster in other words, its not made of real gun parts and possibly this is the charm and very necessary characteristic that its missing.

Its not a bad design in fact some folk might like it, its just not (for me) a BLADE RUNNER weapon.

Nailed it. I felt exactly the same when I saw it. Has a very toy gun feel to it especially in the trigger guard area where any semblance of a real gun is lost.
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll have to see it myself before I say anything...but, from what I heard here (and on the RPF), it seems that they've missed the chance to create an iconic weapon Confused
Mr Webber
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe they dropped the ball on RG`s because they overthought the original.
It has certainly been the focus point of the campaign so far, giving some sort of mystical Jedi vibe to it and that`s not cool.
BadAtNames
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Staar wrote:

That's definitely disappointing, but considering the unique combination of serendipity and mystery that surrounds the creation of the original it's not really surprising they weren't able to outdo, or even match the original blaster.

I don't have the first-hand professional perspective that some of you guys have, so forgive my wild speculation, but I'd imagine they either utterly over thought the new one, causing them to miss the mark completely, or went in the opposite direction and didn't place too much focus on it at all because they knew they couldn't force that lightning to strike twice...
Bwood
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm confused. Confused Is this the new trailer?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75F1oEyN73k
In regard to the weapons it isn't very forthcoming, but the Spinner....
http://propsummit.com/upload/696/screen_shot_2017-05-08_at_12440_pm.png
http://propsummit.com/upload/696/screen_shot_2017-05-08_at_13350_pm.png
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, I'm with you on that one Bwood (many versions on Youtube)...as for the Spinner; since D.Villeneuve is from Quebec, I wouldn't be surprised if the entire vehicule is based on the Campagna Trike they put on the market as far as 1988 (Montreal based if I'm not mistaken).
Fragment
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 11:06 am    Post subject: The switchblade? Reply with quote

Thank you for sharing some info on what you have seen, Staar. Did you happen to also see the switchblade that is shown in the second trailer? That happen to look like it may be real and perhaps the new weapon we all become interested in again.
Staar
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 10:13 am    Post subject: Re: The switchblade? Reply with quote

Fragment wrote:
Thank you for sharing some info on what you have seen, Staar. Did you happen to also see the switchblade that is shown in the second trailer? That happen to look like it may be real and perhaps the new weapon we all become interested in again.

Unfortunately not, the only prop I saw was Gosling's stunt blaster..

M

Bwood
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Did you happen to also see the switchblade that is shown in the second trailer? That happen to look like it may be real and perhaps the new weapon we all become interested in again.

http://propsummit.com/upload/696/screen_shot_2017-05-10_at_95409_am.png
Looked like your standard-issue folding pruning saw to me...
http://propsummit.com/upload/696/screen_shot_2017-05-10_at_94224_am.png
slash-5
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bwood wrote:
Quote:
Did you happen to also see the switchblade that is shown in the second trailer? That happen to look like it may be real and perhaps the new weapon we all become interested in again.

http://propsummit.com/upload/696/screen_shot_2017-05-10_at_95409_am.png
Looked like your standard-issue folding pruning saw to me...
http://propsummit.com/upload/696/screen_shot_2017-05-10_at_94224_am.png

Looks similar to a Microtech auto...
fff by Robert Jewett, on Flickr
slash-5
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Turns out, it's one of these: https://www.minterandrichterdesigns.com/blogs/minter-and-richter/scott-s-knife-featured-in-blade-runner-2049-film
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TFS with us slash-5...it's, indeed, the knife
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Replica and Screen Used Props All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: