FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
Live-Fire Blaster #1 (RAC Props Kit on CA Bulldog 44 SPL SS)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner Blaster Information and Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
darthwolf7
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh I know Bobo!! Everyone knows Bobo...ha,ha ha...well, I'm loving this build. I mainly make guitars but I do the blastrs on the side occasionally.... Cheers.
ogrotesque1
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, he's kinda gotten really popular nowadays! I used to play shows up in Humbolt Country all the time and Bobo was always the guy that would take care of us, the band. Those were the days!
darthwolf7
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I still play around here with my band but I take care of myself!! Ha Ha Ha...let me know if you ever stop up here...I'm.around. I build custom guitars and basses too...if you're ever interested check out Navarro Custom Instruments... I'm on Instagram... Cheers!!!
ogrotesque1
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I hear that man! I try and take better care of myelf these days too. The road turned me into a complete wild man for many years! Those days are over now though and I'm not playing in a band anymore.... I played drums for Long Beach Shortbus from 2002 up until around 2009! We toured nonstop too, all over the globe! A month on with maybe 1 day off (which was usually traveling to the next gig) every other week if we were lucky, then about a month off to try and recoup, and repeat all over again, and again, for 8 consecutive years! It to mention touring all those years in different bands before LB Shortbus, agh it was Hell sometimes but, I wouldn't trade those memories for anything else! I'll look up your instruments, thanks and good luck!
Damion
ogrotesque1
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey folks,
I just finished my Tomenosuke Blaster Pro Assembly Kit and this thing is a monster! I used a real blued Charter Arms Bulldog .44 SPL as the base, so yes it's another live-fire conversion. This one came out really nice and I couldn't be any happier with it!

Check out that pristine rifling!
I was somewhat disappointed that the Tomenosuke Blaster Kit didn't have the option to wire in the 2 green sight rod LEDs. So, I ripped out the stock wiring and want to upgrade the LED setup for all 7 working LEDs. Can someone tell me the best way to wire everything up (i.e. series or parallel, resistors or without)
I have tried wiring RAC Props style - parallel with no resistors, but I think the 2 greens are burning out everyrhing else. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

A couple photos with Phil's awesome Premium Holster!

My next build will have a real Steyr Mannlicher SL in .222 Remington Receiver, which is kinda scary to say the least!? Thank God for this forum and all the new friends I've made because of it!
ogrotesque1
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YES, I've finally been able to get all 7 LEDs working properly! I must've been getting a short from the greens in the sight rod, so i tried shrink wrapping them a little better. Of coarse, they wouldn't insert into the tiny hole, one more try while keeping things to a clean minimum and Boom, success!
Isn't it a beaut!?

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner Blaster Information and Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: