FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
Live-Fire Blaster #1 (RAC Props Kit on CA Bulldog 44 SPL SS)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner Blaster Information and Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ogrotesque1
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 3:05 pm    Post subject: Live-Fire Blaster #1 (RAC Props Kit on CA Bulldog 44 SPL SS) Reply with quote

I am pretty excited because I am almost finished with my #1 Live-Fire Blaster! I still need to have the barrel drilled, tapped and set in the Bulldog, but before I do that I was going to have my gunsmith make a copy of it. The copy will be going on a Tomenosuke Blaster Pro Assembly Kit that I just acquired for an unbelievably ridiculous price! I can't even believe how lucky I am to have been given such a great deal for this Kit considering how sought after these are and what they're fetching at auction nowadays!? This Tomen Kit will become my #2 Live-Fire, but this time I'm going to use a CA Bulldog 44 SPL "Classic" version as the base which I still need to purchase. I'd especially like to thank Rich, Gary, Steve and Mune for all of their help with my Blaster's! Here are some photos of my #1:

One question I have about the Tomenosuke Kit has to do with the little Bolt Pin. It's already blued or blackened. It appears to be anodized, if it's aluminum that is? My question is can I remove the black and is it silver underneath? Will some CLR remove the black and has anyone else tried this out before? Thank you.
veektohr
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By bolt pin do you mean the pointy thing that comes through the front of the receiver? On the Tomen that is actually steel. At least it was on my kits.
hirohawa
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks great!

Tomeno probe is black oxide steel.
ogrotesque1
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

veektohr wrote:
By bolt pin do you mean the pointy thing that comes through the front of the receiver? On the Tomen that is actually steel. At least it was on my kits.

Yes, the little pointed pin that slides through the front cap on the receiver. It screws right into the very front of the Bolt. That'd be the one Veektohr! So, if it is actually made of steel, then does this mean it's blackened because it's got bluing on it, CLR will fix that right up if so!?
ogrotesque1
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hirohawa wrote:
Looks great!

Tomeno probe is black oxide steel.

Awesome, thanks for the compliment and for the knowledge Steve! I'm gonna give it a CLR bath for a few minutes then, get that thing lookin' all nice and shiny!!
ogrotesque1
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are a couple more pics of my Harrison Ford Live-Fires that are built on real ammo firing weapons. The "ANH" DL-44 Blaster is converted on a vintage 1930 Mauser Broomhandle in 7.63 x 25mm (30 Mauser), the fully functional Replica Hendsolt Wetzlar Ziel Dialyt 3x Scope and it's Mount are both made of steel and are from Todd's Costumes, the Aluminum Flash Hider and Custom Made Steel Bull Barrel are from Dark Energy Creations, and the Heat Sink Grill is 3D Printed from Shapeways. As you can see I went with the "As First Built By" or "As Issued" look for both Blasters and I used DuraCoat: DuraBlue Matte Blue - Black for the DL-44's Finish. Scottjua help me with cutting, crowning, and threading the Mauser's Upper. For the Lower Receiver I used some Muggy Weld SSQ Silver Soldering Paste (amazing stuff) for brazing on 2 McMaster Carr 1/4-20 x 1/2" steel Black Oxide Knurled Thumb Screws that are used for the threaded posts to boltcon the Blaster's scope mount.
The Blade Runner Blaster is a RAC Props (Richard Coyle) Parts Kit on a Charter Arms Stainless Bulldog .44 SPL. Don't they both look so perfect together? Thanks for stopping by to check these out!

veektohr
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fantastic collection! I dream of a DL-44 as well, but one thing at a time for me otherwise I won't make any progress on anything. Great lookin' space guns you got there Smile
ogrotesque1
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, thank you Veektohr! I know what you mean about the whole "one thing at a time" deal. When I was first envisioning myself being able to actually find, much less afford a real antique "Broomhandle" Mauser I thought to myself, good luck with that one!? Eventually I did indeed find an affordable Mauser from a really knowledgeable dealer that I befriended at my local gunshow. So, here in California when a resident purchases any firearm they must go thought the whole FFL/Background Check thing, which takes about 10 days. In those days of waiting for the Mauser paperwork to comeback in my favor I told him that I was also looking for a Charter Arms Bulldog .44 SPL which is a pretty common gun. He says "Oh yeah? I have one of those right here!" and for a really low price, just like that, BAM! In a matter of 2 weeks I went from no guns to owning 2 awesome guns available to me for converting into my favorite Hero Blasters of all time, now I'm hooked!
Staar
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolutely stunning, thanks for sharing.

I also have both but because of Aussie laws neither regrettably is live fire. My favorite weapons bar none and yours are out of the park!

Highest regards

MARK

ogrotesque1
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your kind words of encouragement Mark! I know what you mean, I started out making the boring old non-firing display Blasters too! Ain't nothing wrong with that at all either, because if you ever do get to convert an actual real firearm into your favorite Smuggler or Blade Runner's Blaster of your choice you'll already somewhat have the knowledge to do a great job on it, good luck!
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful weapons you have there...and live fire to boot Cool Crazy fantastic!!
hirohawa
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a great set of blasters!
ogrotesque1
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, OK this is just too cool! Thank you so much you guys, I really appreciate all of the positive feedback that you guys are posting. These 2 Blasters have a very special place in my heart and always will. It makes me feel very proud, like I've accomplished something that not just myself, but others can enjoy as much as myself. It's too bad that there isn't a way for me to let each one of you actually hold em in your hands just so you know what such awesomeness feels like!? Haha, I kid, I kid....and the sheer weight of these beauties is no joke!! Hirohawa and eltree know, all of their Blasters are gorgeous! Everyone else needs to know what I'm talking about because believe me, I totally would let each and every one of you have a go at em. Maybe we need to start a strictly "Live-Fire" thread!? Thanks again everyone, your words of inspiration have made me feel like I've done a mans job, Sir!
Damion
Mr Webber
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I`ve never seen a live fire DL 44 before, awesome. Cool
ogrotesque1
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr Webber wrote:

Haha, that's a good one! You are joking aren't you? If not, thanks for the complement and forgive me if I sound cynical, but you must watch this video immediately if this truly is, in fact the first "Live-Fire" DL-44 Blaster you've ever seen! This guy is the master of all things DL-44 right here!! Not me, but the guy narrating the video, enjoy!
https://youtu.be/4yU-LMurFOU
ogrotesque1
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ogrotesque1 wrote:
Here are a couple more pics of my Harrison Ford Live-Fires that are built on real ammo firing weapons. The "ANH" DL-44 Blaster is converted on a vintage 1930 Mauser Broomhandle in 7.63 x 25mm (30 Mauser), the fully functional Replica Hendsolt Wetzlar Ziel Dialyt 3x Scope and it's Mount are both made of steel and are from Todd's Costumes, the Aluminum Flash Hider and Custom Made Steel Bull Barrel are from Dark Energy Creations, and the Heat Sink Grill is 3D Printed from Shapeways. As you can see I went with the "As First Built By" or "As Issued" look for both Blasters and I used DuraCoat: DuraBlue Matte Blue - Black for the DL-44's Finish. Scottjua help me with cutting, crowning, and threading the Mauser's Upper. For the Lower Receiver I used some Muggy Weld SSQ Silver Soldering Paste (amazing stuff) for brazing on 2 McMaster Carr 1/4-20 x 1/2" steel Black Oxide Knurled Thumb Screws that are used for the threaded posts to boltcon the Blaster's scope mount.
The Blade Runner Blaster is a RAC Props (Richard Coyle) Parts Kit on a Charter Arms Stainless Bulldog .44 SPL. Don't they both look so perfect together? Thanks for stopping by to check these out!

Hey guys, I just wanted to add this photo of the other side for y'all. I don't know why the link didn't show up when I originally posted the other photos, so I'll give it another go.

Mr Webber
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ogrotesque1 wrote:
Mr Webber wrote:

Haha, that's a good one! You are joking aren't you? If not, thanks for the complement and forgive me if I sound cynical, but you must watch this video immediately if this truly is, in fact the first "Live-Fire" DL-44 Blaster you've ever seen! This guy is the master of all things DL-44 right here!! Not me, but the guy narrating the video, enjoy!

Absolutely the first one. Have seen pulse rifles, BR blasters and even a Robocop Auto 9 do the nasty and am hoping to see a Dredd Lawgiver one day.
I`m in Australia as well so its something that isn't a regular thing to see to say the least. Cool vid.
ogrotesque1
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Mr Webber"]
ogrotesque1 wrote:
Mr Webber wrote:

Absolutely the first one. Have seen pulse rifles, BR blasters and even a Robocop Auto 9 do the nasty and am hoping to see a Dredd Lawgiver one day.
I`m in Australia as well so its something that isn't a regular thing to see to say the least. Cool vid.[/

darthwolf7
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is super cool...great blasters! They look fantastic! Drooling over here....
ogrotesque1
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

darthwolf7 wrote:
This is super cool...great blasters! They look fantastic! Drooling over here....

Right on Darth Wolf 7, thank you for your kind drooling! I see you're up North of me in the Red Woods where the really good purple and sticky icky flowers grow! I have a friend named "Bobo" from up there, he chases around Bigfoots. Take care and thanks again!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner Blaster Information and Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: