FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
No Replies:

View previous topic :: View next topic  
racprops
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 7:23 am    Post subject: No Replies: Reply with quote

Look I know it took forever for me to get the latest model runs out, but IF you were following my face book you would know why.

I don’t mind that most may have gotten model for other places, BUT I do mind that out of some 20+ people that I had email orders and I emailed them about this run, ONLY 1 person responded.

ONLY one replied.

This is the second run I put out with standing orders that almost all did not reply.

I am finding that very rude.

I would like a reply even if it is to say sorry, I got another model, I lost my job, my car broke down, my dog ate my homework, just so I can remove your name from my pending list.

But no answer at all is a bit creepy and depressing.

It feels like a major rejection.
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hear you Rich and you're right, a mgs would be the least people could do when on a list.
Good luck with the sale
Finfan1uk
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Rich.

I agree with what your saying however to play devils advocate I signed up to a hero resin kit in April 2015. I contacted you via email and facebook, was on your books and very excited.

I saw numerous updates on your facebook page regarding your run of metal kits and silver ghosts but nothing regarding the resin kits. I contacted you via facebook at the end of last summer for a rough eta and to assure you i wasn't in a rush, understood your health concerns just wanted an update. I was told it may be after christmas time because the molds were shot and needed to be sorted.

Fair enough I had no problems with this, then at the end of January 2016 an anouncement appeared on this web site (i'm assuming after new molds) offering another run of metal kits but no mention of the cheaper resin hero kits that had already been offered. When i enquired on this forum about it your response was basicly it "May" get done after you get caught up with the new metal kit run.

http://propsummit.com/viewtopic.php?t=4916

Again you explain your reasons which are completely valid but at this point i'm left thinking this has gone from signing up in April 2015 (others signed up a lot earlier in the year) to being told they should be ready around summer, then october after new molds then after christmas to in January it may or may not even happen.

After seeing updates on the metal kits alongside your health concerns on facebook followed by your response to my post in november It seemed like you had a lot on your plate and this project is more than likely not happening. In the end i used the cash i had put aside because i've seen these sorts of things happen before and i didn't want to keep hassling you for info and updates.

I then see a post on the blade runner uk fans facebook page and here (that was posted the 27th of march) offering 10 plastic kits with what looks like metal parts, no previous update on facebook or here, they're just ready to go and you need the money now. Is that the run i signed up to? I don't know because ive not had an email or pm and only came across the post whilst randomly checking facebook and this forum today and unless you emailed people on your list this may be the case for other folk.

Please don't get me wrong i understand your health problems and other issues and yes people should let you know if they are no longer in on the project but it works both ways. I think it's a bit unfair to expect people to committ to a project in January 2015, have virtualy no updates except for your metal kits and silver ghosts. Then respond to a post on November saying it "may happen after your cought up on other stuff" then expect people to still have the money around and ready to pounce when you anounce out of the blue in March 2016 that they are ready to ship.

Im not meaning to be rude, you are understandably upset and I completely respect what you are saying i just wanted to say that communication does work both ways and in regards to the Resin kit run i don't think communication has been very good (unless other folks on the list have been recieving updates and i just slipped through the net)

Anyhow good luck with the sale and i hope your health issues improve in a speedy manner.
racprops
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand I ran into tons of problems, and I do not blame anyone for not getting a kit when I was able to finely run some off.

My ONLY problem is all those that I had on these lists whom I DID just email, only one or two responded.

AS you said I was keeping people update by my face book...and those that followed that could see I had to redo parts three times for the plater, deal with both Jackie's VERY Scary health problem and my own.

So a polite sorry no money, too long etc. would have been nice.

Oh well.

Rich
racprops
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also the metal parts and so on: I was forced to run off new parts to replace those damaged by the plater.

TO GET 5 great sets of the parts I needed it takes run of up to 20.

A number are thrown back into the pot and remelted and then recasted.

So I ended up with 10 sets of most of the main parts and just went ahead and finished casting the rest of the parts and ended up with a new run of metal models.

It has not been a fun year, and this issue seemed to really cap it off nicely.

Rich
racprops
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will also add, your point would be well taken if it was one of my metal kits ($600.00) I was asking people to hold onto the money or worst a full blown model ($1500.00) or the Silver Ghost ($1800.00)

BUT these are just $200.00.

I kind of think that is nearly pocket change...

Rich
Finfan1uk
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

racprops wrote:

Rich

Hi Rich I understand where your coming from but to be honest i think this may well be some of the problem. To me $200 is not pocket change. By the time shipping is added and a customs charge to me that's quite a lot of money. Don't get me wrong your kit is well worth it but it's not the kind of money i can put to side indefinately but that's not really the issue, nor is the delay, for me it's the communication...however if as you say you did email these people then that's fair enough.

All i ever saw on your facebook page were updates regarding the silver ghosts and the metal kits i don't recall seeing any update regarding the resin kits. From my point of view it felt like i was left hanging since January then all of a sudden in April they're done and ready to ship.

Did i slip through the net because i'm sure i never had an email?

Sorry last year was such a difficult one, hope things pick up for you this year.
Bwood
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

If you think $200 is pocket change, try to borrow it sometime..

Quote:
I was forced to run off new parts to replace those damaged by the plater.

Also, I'm curious to know how the plating process damaged your parts. Confused
racprops
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it is not as much as it was 30 years ago…I used to rent houses for that.

Second, the plater in handling a few of my parts bent them, when I tried to bend them back it cracked the plating.

I then took these damaged parts back and asked what could be done.

They said they could strip off the plating and redo them.

Then I was called and told the replating had failed and I need to pick up my parts and resand them and bring them back.

So I did that.

I also worked out a way to support the weak parts to help prevent the handling problems.

The next time they tried to replate the now sanded and repolished parts again they had trouble and again said they could not get them to plate.

When I got the messed up parts I called a couple of pewter suppliers and both said once subjected to any plating (or other chemicals) the metal will not react the same as it becomes contaminated.

The ONLY repair is to replace all damaged parts with new ones.

So I got more metal and do a new run to get fresh parts and had to do ALL the finishing all over again for the third time. (The first time, first plating run, then a second time for the first failure and the third time to try to save what I could of the rejected parts. And along with them I did the replacement parts and the new run.)
I have said it other places, NEVER again will I do plated models…
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> The Prop Shop All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: