FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
Adam Savage meets Dan Lanigan and the Hero prop
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner Blaster Information and Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gromenawer
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Staar wrote:
gromenawer wrote:
I have a question about Adams Savage´s blaster.: is the ammo housing, and magazine clip made of metal?, it seems to me that it is. Does anybody know which metal is?.

I find it curious that even so Dan´s blaster is much heavier as they say in the video, being this part made in plastic in the original prop.

No Adam's is not metal, its a genuine Steyr magazine. Although he thought it was heavier when he first picked it up he wasn't so sure in the end - they are very close.

When I picked up Dan's blaster the first thing I noticed was how much lighter it is vs the all metal Sidkit. Adam's - IMO - is not heavier than Dan's and its definitely not as heavy as the Sid.

In the video an the pictures it looked like metal.

Do you have compared Adam and Dan´s blasters with a Coyle one?.

Thanks
Staar
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gromenawer wrote:
Staar wrote:
gromenawer wrote:
I have a question about Adams Savage´s blaster.: is the ammo housing, and magazine clip made of metal?, it seems to me that it is. Does anybody know which metal is?.

I find it curious that even so Dan´s blaster is much heavier as they say in the video, being this part made in plastic in the original prop.

No Adam's is not metal, its a genuine Steyr magazine. Although he thought it was heavier when he first picked it up he wasn't so sure in the end - they are very close.

When I picked up Dan's blaster the first thing I noticed was how much lighter it is vs the all metal Sidkit. Adam's - IMO - is not heavier than Dan's and its definitely not as heavy as the Sid.

Thanks

I can't speak for the video but I can speak for when I held Adam's and the magazine is a genuine Steyr and not metal.

The Coyle I had didn't have a steel magazine so based on the versions I have owned, the Sid is heavier than the Coyle as well.

Regards,
MARK

gromenawer
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Staar wrote:
gromenawer wrote:
Staar wrote:
gromenawer wrote:

Thanks

I can't speak for the video but I can speak for when I held Adam's and the magazine is a genuine Steyr and not metal.

The Coyle I had didn't have a steel magazine so based on the versions I have owned, the Sid is heavier than the Coyle as well.

Regards,
MARK

Thanks for your answer, i´ve heard that Coyle was hevier than Sid´s blaster so i was wrong.

Regards
Staar
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gromenawer wrote:
Staar wrote:
gromenawer wrote:
Staar wrote:
gromenawer wrote:

Thanks

Regards,
MARK

Thanks for your answer, i´ve heard that Coyle was hevier than Sid´s blaster so i was wrong.

Regards

Not necessarily. I can't recall if Rich made a blaster with a metal magazine and if he did then you might be correct. My comment as stated was regarding my own blasters and my Coyle didn't have a steel magazine.

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner Blaster Information and Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: