FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
Adam Savage meets Dan Lanigan and the Hero prop
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner Blaster Information and Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
phase pistol
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As Bwood and others have stated, Deckard's piece IS IT!
The others are just copies, period. I'm sure there's a blaster out there that'll satisfy everybody. (You know the list as well as me).
Now, could we just bask in the thought that this piece is still with us and in capable hands? Rolling Eyes
hirohawa
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This video is so incredible. Thanks to Dan for sharing this amazing piece of Film History and thanks to Adam for making it happen.
mugatu
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder why Adam didn't put the switch on his magazine? Anyone know?
Mr Webber
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Staggering to see the hero presented like that in all its HD glory. Many thanks Dan and Adam.

Fortunate to help out Adam with one of his projects over a couple of years and can easily say he`s the busiest person I`ve ever known, never stops.
Noeland
Community Guide

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I think I've watched this video about 100 times now. It's not just fun and enjoyable to see the blaster no longer a mystery, but owned by a fellow who appreciates it's iconic status and it's fan made replica history. He truly gets it, and it just warms my heart to know it's in the hands of someone like that.

It's also a damn good reference video. And once again, we live vicariously through Adam. Hahahaha Smile

I own lot of old guns. I collect WWII battle rifles, and police issue revolvers from the 50's and 60's. I've seen a lot of aged/used/abused blued steel.

Blued steel doesn't really "darken" with age. I would call it a patina. I think maybe that's what Rich is getting at?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patina

So many of us work so hard to recreate that patina look. I love it. I have a 1955 Colt Trooper from the Boise State Police that has maybe the nicest patina I've ever seen on a handgun. It was used as a training gun so it's seen much use. I use that an a 1916 Enfield 303 as my personal reference when I want to recreate the look.
racprops
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Noeland, you hit the nail right on the head.

"I own lot of old guns. I collect WWII battle rifles, and police issue revolvers from the 50's and 60's. I've seen a lot of aged/used/abused blued steel.

Blued steel doesn't really "darken" with age. I would call it a patina. I think maybe that's what Rich is getting at? "

YES.

Rich
Nexus7
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Noeland wrote:
Yeah I think I've watched this video about 100 times now. It's not just fun and enjoyable to see the blaster no longer a mystery, but owned by a fellow who appreciates it's iconic status and it's fan made replica history. He truly gets it, and it just warms my heart to know it's in the hands of someone like that.

It's also a damn good reference video. And once again, we live vicariously through Adam. Hahahaha Smile

I own lot of old guns. I collect WWII battle rifles, and police issue revolvers from the 50's and 60's. I've seen a lot of aged/used/abused blued steel.

Blued steel doesn't really "darken" with age. I would call it a patina. I think maybe that's what Rich is getting at?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patina

So many of us work so hard to recreate that patina look. I love it. I have a 1955 Colt Trooper from the Boise State Police that has maybe the nicest patina I've ever seen on a handgun. It was used as a training gun so it's seen much use. I use that an a 1916 Enfield 303 as my personal reference when I want to recreate the look.

Could you post a pic of the gun you're taking about? Would love to see what you mean. Smile
darth odious
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 8:39 am    Post subject: Blade Runner Blaster Documentary Reply with quote

Now the mystery of the Blaster is solved, I for one, would love see a documentary of the history of the gun. " The making of an icon"
What would also be fascinating with the announcement of BR 2 what changes they will make to the new Blaster!!
Staar
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adam's blaster is still a work in progress but its a gorgeous prop even in its unfinished state. Here's a pic I took of it last week together with a comparison photo I took of Dan's original.

joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TFS with us Mark...it's a beauty alright Cool
gromenawer
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have seen this video about 50 times and I never get tired.

Although possessing the original prop has to be great I prefer the Adam´s blaster.

By the way and as someone asked above, does anybody knows how the LEDs on the Adam blaster lights up?. The switch is not visible.
veektohr
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gromenawer wrote:

Although possessing the original prop has to be great I prefer the Adam´s blaster.

By the way and as someone asked above, does anybody knows how the LEDs on the Adam blaster lights up?. The switch is not visible.

To my knowledge (from another Tested video) he hasn't put the switch in yet, because he hasn't been able to find THE switch yet. I would bet they don't light up at the moment. Kinda like how sleek it is without it, I gotta say.
Staar
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

veektohr wrote:
gromenawer wrote:

To my knowledge (from another Tested video) he hasn't put the switch in yet, because he hasn't been able to find THE switch yet. I would bet they don't light up at the moment. Kinda like how sleek it is without it, I gotta say.

@veektohr you're correct. Adam's blaster is still a WIP and he doesn't have the switch.

Here's a pic I took of it with its little (Leon) friend in Adams cave a couple of months back

M

Buch
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for sharing, Mark! I love how Adam says in one of he's videos that he's perfectly OK having been issued a different version than Deckard's... referring to the numbers stamped in his receiver
gromenawer
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Staar wrote:
veektohr wrote:
gromenawer wrote:

@veektohr you're correct. Adam's blaster is still a WIP and he doesn't have the switch.

Here's a pic I took of it with its little (Leon) friend in Adams cave a couple of months back

M

Adam´s blaster is a work of art with or without a switch. Without the switch seems a more real weapon.
I was very proud of my two Tomenosuke before watching this video and the one in which he shows his collection. Now they seem to me two toys and by this i have just got a kit of an all metal blaster.
veektohr
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

By all means, keep posting pictures of that beautiful thing Mark Smile
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TFS with us Mark...and yes, it's a beauty and Adam did a great job for sure Cool
gromenawer
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a question about Adams Savage´s blaster.: is the ammo housing, and magazine clip made of metal?, it seems to me that it is. Does anybody know which metal is?.

I find it curious that even so Dan´s blaster is much heavier as they say in the video, being this part made in plastic in the original prop.
Staar
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gromenawer wrote:
I have a question about Adams Savage´s blaster.: is the ammo housing, and magazine clip made of metal?, it seems to me that it is. Does anybody know which metal is?.

I find it curious that even so Dan´s blaster is much heavier as they say in the video, being this part made in plastic in the original prop.

No Adam's is not metal, its a genuine Steyr magazine. Although he thought it was heavier when he first picked it up he wasn't so sure in the end - they are very close.

When I picked up Dan's blaster the first thing I noticed was how much lighter it is vs the all metal Sidkit. Adam's - IMO - is not heavier than Dan's and its definitely not as heavy as the Sid.

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner Blaster Information and Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: