FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
off world blaster help

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner Blaster Information and Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sean
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:56 pm    Post subject: off world blaster help Reply with quote

lost a screw for cylinder ejector switch.what could I replace It with?

I know It not the best blaster out there but It's all I have .

any help of size of screw length would be very much appreciated....
ocd
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try racprops.com

I just test fitted one from a Coyel blaster on an Offworld. Same with the exception of being zinc(?) instead of brass.

Or find a screw that fits and file it flat on a grinder.

good luck!

"Questions?,..."
sean
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the suggestions ocd.I have found a small screw that fits but will have to be ground down.

I can't believe that I paid over three hundred bucks for this.and have had It out of the box maybe six or seven times and BAM missing screw.

sure wish they made stuff like the old days.I want the 1.900.00 dollar one off ebay but that is a lot of money for a prop...thanks again....
ocd
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Siigh...

I own all three versions of the Offworld and a Coyel version.(which I just completed assembly, as I bought it from Rich on his latest "KIT RUN".

On ALL Offworlds you NEED to disassemble them and tighten ALL the screws.

Be CAREFUL as you do NOT want to strip the treads.

If you do not intend to ever disassemble it again, it might be a good idea to put a drop of Supper Glue in any screw holes that do NOT have a moving part. (your lost screw is a good example of were NOT to supper glue.)

The newest version of the Offworld is the most accurate of the three versions with the exception of using the Weaver knob instead of the slotted screw as seen on film.

I would recommend you might want to get the metal grip upgrade as it REALLY helps the replica feel real.

Just an fyi the first and last version of the Offworlds are the sturdiest.

Concerning durability, my 10 year old nephew "field tested" one of mine for durability all afternoon one time and it passed with flying colors. (I did not find out until MUCH later)

Offworlds are great intro blasters that are perfect for upgrading to become more screen accurate and will handle a lot of abuse before breaking. (they are also REALLY easy to fix if this happens by the way)

My Coyel Blaster cost TOO much for anything other than a display version as it is pewter and dents easily and is VERY heavy comparatively. It IS an EXACT replica of the screen used Blaster.

disclaimer: I am in NO way affiliated with Offworld in ANY capacity.

If you have any questions concerning OFFworlds let me know. Maybe I can answer them as I have extensively modified both first and second versions.

Best of luck with yours,

Best regards,
ocd

"Questions?,..."
sean
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks again ocd. I have a large collection of sci fy pistols that I have bought or made myself for a future weapons wall still in progress .by far my favorite one is the blade runner blaster.loved the movie love the weapon. I plan on getting the grip upgrade soon.I have researched a bunch of stuff as far as kits. made props etc.gets kinda confusing. I want screen accurate without building a kit. basically in correct size .I could live with the weaver knob.
Question.is there a link or manual or just an expanded view of all the parts In the off world pistols. I don't like taking anything apart without out know what I'm going to run into first.I am seriously thinking about saving the money for that tamasuka pistol on ebay. sorry I know I had to spell that name wrong.but again that Is allot of cash..
once again let me thank you for your help and advice.and to all here this Is a great site with great people and I'm glad to be a member.
gotta get ready for work know errrg....but more work more PROPS ..LOL
gomcse
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, on the comment to perhaps use a drop of super glue, I would modify that...

Instead, use Locktite BLUE. It's "super glue" but is not designed to be permanent. It's the type you would use on a real gun.

Dave
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the FYI Dave; didn't know you could use it on real weapons
gomcse
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In fact, Uncle Mike's makes a product called "gun tite resealable glue" and it's from Locktite. Here is a link, though I think you can get it cheaper from Amazon or eBay:

http://www.chiefsupply.com/6787-Uncle-Mikes-Gun-Tite-Resealable-Glue.aspx?sku=UM16310&source=Google+Base_CHIEF+Supply&gclid=CK7glvXf-bMCFS-RPAodglcAjA

When you use it, it comes out Blue. It's just Locktite Blue in a different package.

Dave
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks gomcse...I'll check it out
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner Blaster Information and Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: