FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
I NEED HELP WITH CHARLES WALLACE>>>!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
IGNITERS
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 4:51 pm    Post subject: I NEED HELP WITH CHARLES WALLACE>>>! Reply with quote

So A LONG TIME AGO ...MAYBE 10 WEEKS AGO I sent this guy CHARLES WALLACE of EDC STUDIOS 60 us dollars for his wallet set that included money,apartment card,id,and a vid phone card.....He said he would send it ...NEVER DID!
I contacted him and was told he would get right on it and mail it out that week express post...that was 3 weeks ago and STILL NOTHING !
I have tried to phone him (no answer) and mail him (no reply) just fell of the map yet HE CONTINUES TO SELL HIS IDS ON EBAY SO I KNOW HE IS OUT THERE!
CAN ANYONE HELP ME FIND THIS #@!* BEFORE I PLAN ON REVENGE?
DOES ANYBODY KNOW HIM? CAN ANYBODY HELP RESTORE HONESTY TO THIS WORLD?

Last edited by IGNITERS on Wed May 02, 2007 6:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
spinner44.com
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's a crook plain and simple. I wouldn'yt hold your breath. File a caomplaint with ebay and since it was funds sent via post, you may want to file a US postal complaint against him. I'm sorry you had to find out the hard way.
sethb6025
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If he lives in PA or MD maybe I could arrange a visit from the "BR Mafia". Call his local Police Department, from what I've read that is one of the better methods of dealing with this sort of thing.
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://s16.photobucket.com/albums/b20/superjedi/Prop%20Displays/?action=view&current=EDCProps.flv

and...

http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=18154&highlight=charles+wallace
amish
Community Guide

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

His past track record has many similar problems. Many people have ordered and never received anything or waited years.

Your best bet at this point is to file with paypal and leave negative feedback on ebay.

This guy is a sham in so many ways it is not funny!

Good luck!
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is too late for him to file with paypal and ebay. His credit card may be an option for him at least to get his money back. Also filing a claim with Chip W's local police will at least start an investigation on him. He may have to talk to a lawyer about it though, otherwise it isn't going to cost anything unless he takes him to small claims. The it most likely will be transportation and time off of work to go to court. Another thing you could do is put up his email and ask everybody (including the RPF) to email him to return the money. That might at least crash his email for a while. It might also bug him enough to take action.
darkknight0667
Community Guide

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry to hear about your troubles, IGNITERS. I do hope that you eventually get what you're owed.

Chip's been a major source of grief in the hobby for quite some time and is the main reason why lots of paper prop people don't post pics of their stuff. If they do (as was the case last year at propcircle when lots of new information was coming out about Deckard's apartment key), Chip's got it for sale in very short order.

I do find it interesting, though, that he's been using this ebay ID for over 8 years and has a 99.2% positive feedback rating. It's obvious that a lot of people are getting stuff from him. So, how does he choose who he's going to rip off? Why does he do it if he's capable of delivering the product (which his feedback shows he clearly is)?
IGNITERS
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 11:45 am    Post subject: well lets make a stand... Reply with quote

well, starting today I will send numerous amounts of mail to him and if anybody wants to get behind this that would be a huge favor .
Why somebody would rip off people for such a measly profit and risk their business is beyond me and folks that share in their hobby as well ....this turd needs his just desserts....
darkknight0667
Community Guide

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's no doubt that he deserves what's coming to him, and I certainly wasn't defending him in any way.

Why he rips people off is definitely a major character flaw of his. It's the selectiveness of it that puzzles me. Why ship to 9 people but stiff the 10th? Baffling.
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It almost seems to me that as long as everything goes fine he just keeps on going, but as soon as some little thing comes up, he goes into some sort of deep denial to pretend in his mind it didn't happen. Kind of like a good percentage of the American populace now. He needs to have real consequences to his actions.
IGNITERS
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 12:59 pm    Post subject: I have .... Reply with quote

taken it upon myself to warn as many as possible about this goof and his practices....as well I am sending warnings to his bidders on ebay that their is a good chance they will not recieve the item listed....anybody know if he has a faxline?
I am bored and he's gonna remember me,next time he entertains the idea of cheating someone
I need all the help I can get ....I can only warn 4 people a day on ebay
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

heres is his published email from the edc studios site...

replicas@edcstudios.com <replicas>

and also service address...

edc_service@hargray.com

he also publishes this address on his site, but i am not sure how updated it is...

CHARLES WALLACE
110 Wheatfield Court
Bluffton, SC, 29910
darkknight0667
Community Guide

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got a big laugh when I checked out his site.

Quote:
No images are to be taken, or linked from these pages without our express permission. Many hours went into the photography, as well as the custom made 3d computer models seen on this site, please respect them accordingly.

As much as this bottom feeder steals from the hobby and he posts this. Now THAT'S funny.
IGNITERS
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 9:25 pm    Post subject: UPDATE! Reply with quote

Quote:
Paul,

You can ease up on the insults, threats and overall bravado...it's certainly not needed.

Earlier today a parcel was shipped out to you containing you order as well as one of the new Blade Runner license plates I am offering as a thank you for your patience in waiting this out.

Please don't accuse me of premeditating the theft of your funds, that is certainly not the case, I suffered a setback with my equipment, that was the delay. You'll notice there were no ebay auctions for Blade Runner items until recently, as I am currently able to produce them again, and the first order of business was to get delinquent orders out of the door, among the first was yours.

well see huh?
strange how his "EQUIPMENT BECAME FIXED" 1 day after I took action!
I sent mail to his bidders on ebay ,mail to his site and every address I had,mail to ebay and paypal, a report with the internet fraud comission was my next step....I think what shook him was calling his home!
reminding him of his address and addressing his wife in the message...letting him know that I was about to call the cops on him and his operation of selling other peoples work. lol
well see if this package was even sent .......
I apologise to the folks on this board for my rant but we gotta let these jerks know that theft wont be tolerated.....and warn others of this crieton!

andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am pretty surprised he doesn't have an unlisted number since he lists his current address on his site. I also hope spinner44.com starts making his plates, because I don't ever want to be tempted to buy one of Chip's.

I don't think it would ever be a good idea to sell something on Ebay that YOU HAVEN'T MADE YET.
amish
Community Guide

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This may sound odd, but I am sure you will probably get what you ordered. It sounds as if you hit a nerve and he wants to make it right.

Eitherway, he should have had whatever he was selling made before placing it on ebay. Also, if he had problems, he should have at least said so.

Anyway, I think this will at least open more eyes to those who read some of the different prop forums. Otherwise, I am sure it is business as usual.

Still, good luck!

Tom
IGNITERS
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 7:08 pm    Post subject: yes ...nerve Reply with quote

Well I hit something, because after numerous e-mails , contacting other customers and potential bidders ( he has scince listed all his ebay items buy it now) and mail and calls to him , his company and his home....AFTER 12 WEEKS ....he has finally saw fit as of today to send me what I paid for....
I know now because of him that with some online sellers you have to be careful,and now I will offer no grace and production period to my purchases as this appears to be just stalling on the part of the seller,too bad ,I thought trust was worth something and not all folks that sell online are rotton I know but its people like this that make you work to get your purchase that spoil it for everybody....
thank you for all the support that the folks on this forum have shown and if you ever need my help do not hesitate to drop me a line .....Paul
IGNITERS
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:42 pm    Post subject: Charles Wallace still in buisness... Reply with quote

just wanted to bring this up to the top to warn folks that charleswallacedesign is back on ebay selling his wares ....so heads up this potential scammer can be very difficult to deal with ...
Once-bitten
Banned!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IGNITERS-
You must have hit a nerve with this somewhere...EDC, EDC Studio's and CHARLES WALLACE doesnt appear to have an ID on E-Bay anymore...

I was remembering that a very long time ago when I was initially looking for a BR Blaster Kit and it was EDC that I went to to get it...I sent them a simple enough query about the different kit's they offered and never got a response! Guess I was lucky...
I think it's good news that they are apparently out of business.
Does anyone know if he's perhaps listing under an alternate ID?
Nexus6
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once-bitten wrote:
IGNITERS-
You must have hit a nerve with this somewhere...EDC, EDC Studio's and CHARLES WALLACE doesnt appear to have an ID on E-Bay anymore...

No, he's still there. Search for "charleswallacedesign". He sold something just today.

Incidentally, I had the same good luck that you had. When I initially started searching for BR guns, his site was the only one that ever came up. I came this -> <- close to sending him a money order for one of his RR PKD replicas. But he never answered my e-mails so I reconsidered...
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Buyer Feedback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: