FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
VK parts 3D printed.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SLK
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:13 pm    Post subject: VK parts 3D printed. Reply with quote

So some of you may have seen my digital files and the 3D printed renderings.

You guys sometimes talk about how the VK machine is something you would like so I was going to run it by you all to see if anyone wanted to hire me to make some parts for their VK machine. Come up with the reference/dimensions/etc since you already know what sizing and detailing looks good for you. I'll draw it up and it can be 3D printed. I'm talking about casings and such. As we know it has motors and moving parts so I'm not referring to doing your R&D for the electrics and mechanisms.

If you have not seen my work here are a few pieces I offer on Shapeways for the cost of their services alone...I get no money from these.
http://www.shapeways.com/hisdesign?user_id=45818

Here are pics of props I have made in resin using 3D printed parts as masters.

The main body on this cute little spud is from a 3D print but the rest is laser cut or made conventionally.

Concept comm designed for STV but wasn't used.

A custom "Enterprise" era comm.

Thin parts are no sweat as seen in these 3D printed antennas made in the same durable plastic as your better airsoft guns.

The handle halves are made from 3D printed masters.

So something to ponder for those of you who want to make some headway on your VK machine.

Please keep in mind that if you happen to be interested...
I like reasonable compensation and we can come to an agreement. I only mention this because a fellow prototyper and I were recently approached to R&D and prototype an entirely unrelated product. The party that approached us was told that their electrical, mechanical device with a casing, conduits, and ducts was going to take approx 160 hours as all they had were pencil sketches and we had to be certain of safety and reliability. They were okay with the time estimate. Thennnnn we quoted a price. Shocked Somehow they thought they could get 160 hours of work for about $500. So at $500 that comes out to like $3.12 an hour.

In addition to cash I am open to trade options(either partial or full depending on what you want done) in the form of a Hartford gun, that new one that just came out, or even a clear (not yellow) window medicom spinner.
Not interested in any Coyle, Sidkit, or OffWorld gun.

Keep the parts and just make one VK machine or make castings for resale.
SLK
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And keep in mind...

If you have a chunk of your machine done already and just need some areas and not others that's an option as well.
SLK
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobody at all?

I thought at least a few would want to make some real headway on their VK machine.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> The Prop Shop All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: