FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
Boarders' FLW Book

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jameth
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:09 pm    Post subject: Boarders' FLW Book Reply with quote

Just FYI Boarders has an nice oversized book of Frank Loyd Wright's work including my favorite Falling Water. Only a few pages on each but only $19.99.
panaflex
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heya Jameth,
I just visited Falling Water last week! I drove 5 hours down from Buffalo while visiting in-laws. Simply amazing, I can't believe the place was built in the 30's. The guy was a genius. Got some great snaps!
Ben
TM
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, Fallingwater is well worth the visit, although it is a long way from anywhere and so requires some planning. Reserving one of the longer and more expensive tours is well worth it. You get a smaller crowd and better photo opportunities.

Tony
jameth
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you could post those that would be great. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

panaflex wrote:
Heya Jameth,
I just visited Falling Water last week! I drove 5 hours down from Buffalo while visiting in-laws. Simply amazing, I can't believe the place was built in the 30's. The guy was a genius. Got some great snaps!
Ben
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's my plan for next year...me and the GF getting a "private tour" of Falling Water
panaflex
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. A private tour... that is the ultimate. I spent $65 so could spend 2 hours in there and it still wasn't enough time! I'm still sorting through photos both digital and 35mm and iPhone stuff. I'll post something when I can although I'm honor bound not to distribute interior photos online. Ouch.

I'd love to hear about your private tour after you go, sounds amazing.

joberg wrote:
That's my plan for next year...me and the GF getting a "private tour" of Falling Water

jameth
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well don't do anything your not supposed to do. I'm sure there are abundant pics of it online. I'll need to dig out my book and take another look. It's been a while.

That is where the sequel should pick up. Deckard is hiding out at his wealthy friends secluded House. He owned Deckard's building and was a huge fan of FLW which is why he bought fallingwater and modelled the building after the Ennis house. Deckard did a favor for him while a tenant in his building and that's how they got to be friends.

Tom

panaflex wrote:
Wow. A private tour... that is the ultimate. I spent $65 so could spend 2 hours in there and it still wasn't enough time! I'm still sorting through photos both digital and 35mm and iPhone stuff. I'll post something when I can although I'm honor bound not to distribute interior photos online. Ouch.

I'd love to hear about your private tour after you go, sounds amazing.

joberg wrote:
TM
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fallingwater is a pretty long way from anywhere. I visited it maybe 10 years ago and stayed at a small local hotel nearby. Not great, but not a dump either. Here's a review on Tripadvisor:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g53373-d496225-Reviews-Yough_Plaza_Motel-Ohiopyle_Pennsylvania.html

Tony
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Tony...since we're not too difficult in terms of lodging, I'm sure this hotel will do the trick Wink
photek
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

have a great trip and if you take photos ... please post. i did the pilgrimage to Ennis House but this is one on my list too ... just not sure what would bring me out there (aside from the house itself).

i just picked up the monstrous picture book at Borders ... its TOO BIG for our coffee - literally. but its pretty cool for $20 - cheaply made, but still a nice addition to my FLW literature.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> The Prop Shop All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: