FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
cosefx? sidkit partner?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bolsoncerrado
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 2:45 am    Post subject: cosefx? sidkit partner? Reply with quote

Hi!

Out of just curiosity, who's that "cosefx" guy?

He auctions Sidkits (2008 WC FM version) over and over and he always state the same text: "please don't ask to me if I have more of this replica because this is the only one I have for sale and it comes from my personal collection"

!??!!?
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

His name is Michelle. There is a lot of information on the site about him. The current metal sidkit he has up now, is only the second one I have seen him auction since Sid's death. He purchased Sid's stuff from his family, and was a helper in assembling his kits for him. Supposedly he did have parts for a few of these at that time. He is manufacturing new kits as well that are mostly resin. No one actually has met with him or Sid that I know of, so we really don't know that much about him otherwise.

Andy
bolsoncerrado
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if u check his fb this is the third, but its just that that lines he add about being the only one hes got is soewhat missleading to make people bid higher i guess...

thanks for the info anyway.
propsjonnyb
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He also appears to be running a scam, I purchased one of his kits for and on behalf of a client , he sent the kit as two semi built up packages as one consignment , UK custom's refused entry on the items as it was obvious the one consignment breached the VCR act, ( he'd built up the gun frame with barrel and upper reciever !!) so both were returned to him, I asked for a refund - he said he'd only do a refund , If I sent them back with proof of shipping , as I'd never had them in the first place that was impossible , and although I have a Royal Mail customs letter stating exactly what happened - which he has a copy of, he still hasn't returned the money and is refusing to do so , so I am now chasing him through the European courts to obtain a refund, so I for one would strongly advise anyone , not to do business with him - he appears to be advertising the 'exact' same gun and appears to have sold it three times to three different people !
bolsoncerrado
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crap! I did ship a sidkit like that to the uk too (ie upper reciever atttached to the lower part on one package and grips and stuff on another)... Yikes!!
propsjonnyb
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the UK customs scan the package and it looks like a gun (outline) , they'll do one of two things, either 'refuse entry' & mark it 'return it to sender' - if it not specifically identified as a gun , or 'seize' with a view to destroy if they choose this option they will write to a), the addresse notifying him of the return or seizure and b) notify the sender - If you are lucky and they do notify you , they will either tell you it's been refused entry and what to do next, or that the goods have been seized under the VCR Act ' shipping a prohibited item' and that they will be destroyed . Let's hope you are lucky , only gun component parts can be shipped legally into the UK and have to be declaired on the customs entry forms ,when you sent it if you described it properly as a model with a detailed description, that might just let it through , describe it as a replica and it'll get stopped !!
Bwood
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny, I've had this same question regarding the ebay auctions. There have been more than one auction for the Sidkit Worldcon, but the description is always the same:
Quote:
You are bidding for a full metal Blade Runner Blaster worldcon. It is the last 2008 version made by Siderio from sidkit. No Sidkit is defuncted this kit is the most rare Blade runner blaster ever made. As you can see from the images the kit comes preassembled and with electronics,led lights etc.. It comes with no instructions but you just have to disassemble and paint it.It is casted in metal with amber orange grips . With working trigger and hammer, openable cilynders, working bolt lever and so on.... The kit is screws secured. It is a veary heavy kit (2,2 Kilos), please don't ask to me if I have more of this replica because this is the only one I have for sale and it comes from my personal collection . Good Bid!!!

Something wrong with this picture, IMO. Confused
Mike Rush
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

propsjonnyb wrote:
If the UK customs scan the package and it looks like a gun (outline) , they'll do one of two things, either 'refuse entry' & mark it 'return it to sender' - if it not specifically identified as a gun , or 'seize' with a view to destroy

Surely at some point they're supposed to open it to see what colour it is? I'd hate to think they're refusing entry to props in the now-legal bright colours because they haven't even looked inside... Confused

"We're not heroes - we're from Finchley"
bolsoncerrado
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well in my case it all relays in a matter of lazyness...

john, a LOT, huge LOT of people on ebay use stock photos or just copy someone else's auction photos to display on their auctions, so i kind of understand cosefx for listing and relisting and relisting the same item over and over with the same description and images (not only to mention ebay allows you to save a listing as a TEMPLATE).

The point is that he needs to have the goods in hand before refunding, right?

Where's the problem on waiting till he gets them, I ask?

I'm just trying walking on my own shoes as i fear mine will follow the same path... but you said he sent it in a SINGLE shipment containing 2 different boxes?
bolsoncerrado
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bright colors? Alu/pewter looking is allowed then??
Valis
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in the UK and I was bidding on one of these Sidkits back at the begining of March but was outbid. A couple of weeks later I had a second chance email from cosefx to buy the blaster for my highest bid. Well I jumped at the chance because Ive been dieing for one of these. A couple of weeks later it arived in two seperate packages without any charges very well packed and in very good condition. The kit itself is very good and castings are very tidy. I put it together and parts fit perfect.
I also won an auction for some Sidkit metal police badges from him as well with no problem.
I guess I was lucky to get the blaster with no problem. I also recieved an Offworld blaster with no trouble as well and I know people have had trouble getting those over here in the UK as well.
Ive been keeping an eye on this cosefx just out of interest and also notice he always says "please don't ask to me if I have more of this replica because this is the only one I have for sale and it comes from my personal collection". Dont know why he says this, he doesnt need to my opinion.
bolsoncerrado
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So in the end its just a matter of lottery on which ones they stop, seize, send back or let pass the controls..
Mike Rush
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bolsoncerrado wrote:
Bright colors? Alu/pewter looking is allowed then??

No, the exact opposite. The new law Evil or Very Mad says that we (Brits) can buy replica guns as long as they're primarily a bright colour (like pink, or green). I suppose the point is that they look like toys rather than real weapons.

And yes... if we buy a pink gun and paint it black, then we're breaking the law because we'd be manufacturing a replica firearm. Rolling Eyes

Sorry, I know this is a bit of a thread hijack. Embarassed

"We're not heroes - we're from Finchley"
propsjonnyb
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike's right and the colour is flourescent orange for UK and Europe to comply with the VCR Act!

Just to reiterate its not a question of waiting he says he never recieved them - the problem is I didn't send them back - the UK Royal Mail did and he will not accept that as proof - so he refuses to give me a refund - that's the real issue as he's keeping my money and he has had the goods back as he's photgraphed the exact item without question.

Last edited by propsjonnyb on Tue May 11, 2010 12:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
bolsoncerrado
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no hijack, its ok.

"fluo orange for UK *AND* europe"? *AND*?? really??
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suppose if he sold it and had it returned because of laws, it Could be the same gun sold 3 times. He seems much less experienced at selling these and shipping them than Sid was. Also his English is even worse. I believe he has another person help him with the English content to his auction, he might not even know what they say. Still I say be very cautious with dealing with him precisely because of his inexperience, and difficulty to communicate with. It sounds like it would only be a problem no matter what.

I did get the parts I loaned to Siderio back from him, even though it took a long time. I also never received any kind of payment for the use of them, even though I can see the parts were used to make the current versions of the gun. Even though that was a deal I made with Sid, this guy is no where near as professional and accommodating as Siderio was.

I will move this thread to the buyer feedback section tonight.

Andy
bolsoncerrado
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But now on ebay if you get a refund you can no longer leave feedback....
propsjonnyb
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I loaned Siderio the original BR badges I had, copies that Michelle now sells and I never got them back or what I was promised either , but Sidiero couldn't comply as sadly he'd passed away , what I object to is Michelle withholding my money as I can prove I never got them and I can prove they were returned to Italy as that's what the UK customs letter states , he still says he never got them , so is still refusing to give me a refund.
bolsoncerrado
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh! I missunderstood that part... i thought they were still on transit to him... so there's no way you can prove he actually got them!?
don't the returns fly registered or something?
propsjonnyb
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No they don't, as it's a customs return under the Royal Mail service , the duty of care is only to the forwarding in country post office, in this case Italia Mail, there is no onward track and trace to the regional depot, so , I can confirm it was never recieved into this country and can prove it was returned to Italy ,but cannot prove it was returned to the sender and this is where we are and he still refuses to refund me my payment, as I have absolutely no proof that he ever got it - apart from the fact that he seem's to be selling it again and again!! so I am down over £350 and nothing to show for it ! thing is, I could buy and sell everyone he's got as I get asked for them almost every day !! at the minuite everyone's a Coyle
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Buyer Feedback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: