FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
WTB All-Metal Sidkit Blaster

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Barking Dragon

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:21 pm    Post subject: WTB All-Metal Sidkit Blaster Reply with quote

Hi there all,

After seeing my friends all-metal Blade Runner Sidkit blaster I am looking to aquire one for myself.

If there is anyone out there that is willing to part with theirs, please feel free to contact me.

Regards dan

Last edited by Barking Dragon on Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Staar
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:49 pm    Post subject: Re: WTB All-Metal Sidkit Blaster Reply with quote

Barking Dragon wrote:
Hi there all,

After seeing my friends all-metal Blade Runner Sidkit blaster I am looking to aquire one for myself.

If there is anyone out there that is willing of parting with theirs, please feel free to contact me.

Regards dan

Good luck Dan you won't regret it..

Remember though that there are a number of different SidKit model variations so if you are after something that's more 'accurate' try and acquire his WorldCon version

regards

MARK

Barking Dragon

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:44 am    Post subject: Worldcon Reply with quote

Ah, that is something I should have mentioned, thanks for that Mark and a big thank you for your assistance in helping with the info a short time ago about the difference between some of the blasters Wink

Yes I am looking for a Worldcon blaster, but depending on availabilty I would consider a pre-worldcon.
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think too many of his Worldcon version were made before he died. His old worker Michelle is still making mostly resin worldcon versions though, but only shipping in Europe. Good luck.

Andy
Barking Dragon

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:41 am    Post subject: blaster Reply with quote

Andy that would be typical, a limited amount of Worldcon blasters available and two cracking guys here in Aus have to own them Sad Mark, I think you should move on from the rusty one you own Wink That goes for you too Mars Smile

The 2006 Pre-Worldcon looks nice aswell, still trying to get my head around the different makers and versions. Andy, that timeline you whipped up is really helping to better understand the different models.
Gaff87
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a Sidkit on the bay as we speak...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Blade-Runner-Blaster-Sidkit-Prop-Gun-Kit-Extras-RARE_W0QQitemZ320514611706QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item4aa028d9fa#ht_602wt_1165

It's not the WC but comes with the weaver knob.

Hope it's of some help Smile

Neil.
BeastMaster
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that's a crazy price for a 2006 kit!

I'm probably gonna flog my sidkit worldcon soon. just need to fix a few things on it.
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am pretty sure that seller is a member, or at least a lurker here. Especially with a name like "tearsinrain". The auction does have the ability to make an offer though. They are probably hesitant to sell at a low price, and at the same time are hoping for a quick sell. It might be a way to get around reserve price fees too. as well as the stigma associated with it. The added premium seems to be the authentic Weaver knob. I was hoping it was the FLW Display block tile Wink

I am curious to whether or not the strict laws in Australia would also risk any of these from being nabbed at customs when shipping into the country? It may have to be shipped piece by piece, or bought inside Australia.

Andy
Grimmy
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm the seller! lol I just put the buy it now price just for wishful thinking but I will take any offer into consideration.. I told myself if this does not sell when the time runs out I am going to keep it and finish it up when I have time so right now it's a battle between good and Evil! My soon to be wife wants me to sell it so we can have extra money for traveling.. I told her we have money but I am aware that buying a new house will cost money but then a again when buying a house a sidkit won't really make a big difference in getting a new home.. lol so we both agreed if it sells I will if it doesn't sell I win and most likely she will -> some women just don't know how precious our collections can be sigh.
propsjonnyb
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have recently shipped a gun kit to Australia not a BR blaster, and it had to go in pieces to meet Australian import restrictions ,other than that it went ok.
If it came in as a complete gun , I think just like the UK VCRAct it would be seized at customs as it would be deemed a 'replica immitation firearm' weapon and therefore illegal under their legislation. Yet gun parts and kits are ok ? - customs - a law unto themselves!
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to do toy shows and would often bring some pieces that I used to get people over to my table, but were not in a hurry to sell, so I would put a high price that was where if I sold it, I could live with it (or without it to be exact Wink). I was surprised on how often they would actually sell at that price.

Andy
Grimmy
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So Australia is strict with prop guns? is it like that with every other country too? Now i'm worried.. Should I add no shipping to Australia? or add that the gun will be shipped unassabled? don't want to get into trouble Sad
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No matter what country you are shipping into it should be disassembled and shipped in separate boxes. Sid would ship his bulldog frame with the grips attached, and then also ship the rest of the Bulldog parts in the other box, especially the cylinder and bullets. This made it look less like a real gun. Otherwise customs will only see a metal gun when it goes through the x-ray or gets opened. No country that I know of allows firearm imports without special licenses, and customs agents aren't trained to spot movie prop replicas made out of metal. It is hit or miss it will make it into any country without problems. Make sure any international bidders know they will have to take responsibility for knowing their countries laws, and chance that it will get confiscated.

Andy
Grimmy
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

andy wrote:
No matter what country you are shipping into it should be disassembled and shipped in separate boxes. Sid would ship his bulldog frame with the grips attached, and then also ship the rest of the Bulldog parts in the other box, especially the cylinder and bullets. This made it look less like a real gun. Otherwise customs will only see a metal gun when it goes through the x-ray or gets opened. No country that I know of allows firearm imports without special licenses, and customs agents aren't trained to spot movie prop replicas made out of metal. It is hit or miss it will make it into any country without problems. Make sure any international bidders know they will have to take responsibility for knowing their countries laws, and chance that it will get confiscated.

Andy

Thanks Andy that made perfect sense I will make sure to add that into the information section.
Barking Dragon

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:27 am    Post subject: blaster Reply with quote

Thanks for the heads up Neil, I had a feeling that was the same blaster Grimmy sent me a PM about.

Australia is quite strict on it's importations of firearms, But I am lucky enough to have been granted an importers permit for bringing an all metal kit into the country Smile Smile
It was ALOT of back and forth with the licenseing division but was worth all the hassle since I now have the green light to buy one and have it sent to me.

BeastMaster, feel free to let me know how much you are thinking of letting your blaster go for. And if anyone else is interested in selling their blaster...whether it be 2006 or Worldcon please feel free to let me know.

Dan
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> The Prop Shop All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: