FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
FS: Aliens APC 1/12th kit

View previous topic :: View next topic  
wasili
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:46 pm    Post subject: FS: Aliens APC 1/12th kit Reply with quote

Introduction:

The Aliens APC in 1/12th scale. Build from the production blueprint of the full-size vehicle made for the movie, and all the available reference material, to make a kit as accurate as possible to the real deal. The masterpattern has entered a stage where parts get finished on a daily basis, and the full production is very near. A work-in-progress thread is here at http://propsummit.com/viewtopic.php?t=2132 This is now open for pre-order.

Overall length: 714mm / 28,11"
Overall width (minus rear mudflaps): 260 mm / 10,23 "
Overall heigth Top of body (minus light and gun): 185 mm / 7,28 "

There are two options:

************************************************************************************************************************

1) KIT:

The Aliens APC 1/12th kit consists of:

* 1 x epoxy fibreglass layup bodyshell.
* pu castings of: Driver's door and hinges / front turret / nose window frame / 4 x wheelhub (btw, each wheel is positionable, though not linked to eachother) / main access door / 2 x armor blocks / top light + frame / 6 x gear on top rear + rearlights housing / main turret (hollow) + sled / rear section / various small parts.
** clear pu castings of: front lights / side lights / top light / rear lights. ( Please note: this is still under discussion, may become partly cnc'ed )
* pu laminated or steelrod reinforced castings of: 4 x wheel "disc" / rear ladder / 4 x wheel axis.
* cnc-cut styrene gun rail / greeblies on nose / engine service hatch / vents on rear.
* cnc-cut 2mm thick styrene floorpan and frame.
* cnc cut clear hesaglas windshield window ( Hesaglas is a swiss precision cast acrylic, also used in watches. When it says 1.0, then it actually is 1.0mm thick )
* 4 x Poly rubber cast tires. These are 2 inches wide !!
* custom brass etchings for all the grilles on the left/right side + rear / small frame on top of nose.
* custom drytransfers for text on nose.
* steel rod.
* styrene rod.

* Reference cd with all the DVD screencaps i made, scans and pics i could find on the web. My blueprints or those provided by third parties are NOT on the cd.
* Printed b/w building instructions with hints and tips.

***** Please note there is NO interior.

Price: Euro 399,- excl. Shipping.
Shipping: Priority International Airmail Europe Euro 32,- / Priority Airmail Rest of World (except Europe) Euro 45,-
Payment by Paypal
No trades.

The edition size: 20 kits. All parts (except for the epoxy bodyshell and styrene frames) are made for the entire run of 20 kits, starting before friday 26th of March 2010. The bodyshells are made to order (i won't make 20 bodyshells in advance if i only sell 10 kits). I do not sell seperate parts at this moment.

Production / delivery schedule:
Bodyshell: The bodyshell masterpattern will be completed on saturday, and hit the silicone the same day. First bodyshell to come out of mold on monday/tuesday. Production for bodyshell expected starting from weekend of 27-28th of March 2010.
Parts: Nearly all parts are ready for production, remainder finalised before friday 26th of March 2010. Those finished are in production.
Shipping once every two weeks, with first 5 going out to customers on wednesday 7th of April 2010.

************************************************************************************************************************

2) FINISHED AND PAINTED:

* All the parts of the kit cleaned up and assembled.
* Spraypainted in flat brown bess, subtle weathering. Brown bess is a new mixed batch based on Humbrol 170 tins.
* LED lighting for front-, side-, top- and rearlight. Batterypowered.
* 3 on/off switches hidden behind main acces door on right side:
- 1 for toplight
- 1 for front-, side- and rearlights.
- 1 for strobe light on top of nose (yes, there is one, it's small and hardly noticeable. Check the intro when the APC is first seen in the Sulaco bay)

Price: Euro 799,- incl. Free worldwide shipping. When in Netherlands / Belgium / Germany / UK / Northern France, i will personally deliver the model to you to ensure safe arrival.
Shipping: Priority International Airmail. If you want me to use a courier instead, the additional costs are yours.
Payment by Paypal
No trades.

Edition size: 5.
Production / Delivery schedule:
All parts ride along the production run of the kits. First finished build up "artist proof # 1" expected end of weekend 27/28th of March.
Delivery: within 4 weeks after placing order.

********************************************************************************************************************************

These models are now open for Pre-Order. Please PM me for placing an order, after which we will exchange contact- and paymentdetails. A reply may take up to 24 hours, as i'm obviously making parts.

This thread will be updated with a customer list. If you want to remain anonymous, please let me know and i will add "anonymous".

This thread will be updated with pictures of parts / subassemblies / finished samples whenever they become ready for production. Expect many updates.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask or post here.

Cheers,

Wasili
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> The Prop Shop All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: