FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
Bladerunner Gun Replica Advice for prospective UK Buyer

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AaronD82
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:55 pm    Post subject: Bladerunner Gun Replica Advice for prospective UK Buyer Reply with quote

Hello all!

First of all, I'd like to say hello - I'm new here and I want to say what a pleasure it has been to find such a wonderful site - so much information!

I've been looking into getting hold of a Bladerunner Blaster replica for some time now. My father is a massive fan of the film, and as a retirement present this year - I would like to get him a replica of the blaster.

----

I've read many many posts / websites / blogs showing me all the wonderful versions that are available - however, it would seem that getting hold of one is another matter altogether.

----

I see that this site has a trade section which is wonderful. But I was wondering if any of you could point me in the right direction, or give me some advice on where else I could go to get hold of one.

----

I don't mind the gun being in kit form - I love building models and enjoy a challenge.

My Budget.

£100 - £300

I like the idea of a full metal SIDKIT type gun, but wouldn't be adverse to a resin kit, as long as the quality is high.

So far, the only place I have found online that sells one in the UK is this.

http://www.frontiermodels.co.uk/Bladerunner-PDK-PISTOL-Prop-Resin-Model-Hobby-Kit-p-17200.html

----

Thanks in advance guys, This is my little project for 2010, and I'm glad I found such a great site to help me in the adventure Smile

Kindest Regards

Aaron
propsjonnyb
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would strongly advise against buying a Frontier Models BR Blaster , as IMHO it is a poor version of the Rick Ross PKD kit which is much better quality, but sadly out of Production

I would recommend getting one of the Propsummit Special Edition's as it is just within your budget and is an 'all metal' kit and I'm sure as most will tell you here, it's an excellent replica

Drop a mail to Rich Coyle at racprops@cox.net although the offer closed yesterday , I sure you can still get on the list, if you do have any difficulty PM me , it is a completely unfinished kit and does require a lot of work although there is a deluxe finished version - which you just have to bolt together to finish - look for the Propsummit Special Edition thread for more details.
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to Propsummit. What Propjohnny said, he's the official distributor of Rich Coyle's BR blaster in the U.K (no need to sweat about the gun laws) and the deluxe version is the one you should invest your money in.
Good luck...btw: seesinsilhouette is selling his Sidkit (he's U.K. based also) in case the list for the Coyle's blaster is closed.
AaronD82
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys.

I have already been speaking to seesinsilhouette - also it would seem the propsummit S.E list is now closed - so thats not an option anymore.

And thanks for the heads up on the frontier models version - I had a funny feeling it wouldn't be a great kit.

Aaron

P.S - I welcome any other suggestions that fit within my budget limits!
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I know that Frontier Model and Monster In Motion are known re-casters...and certain members here (and on other boards) don't like these people in general...sooo, if you're into cosplay and need a cheap version of Deck's blaster go with Frontier Model, if it's simply for display and a higher quality, go with Rich (Propjohnny) or a Sidkit .
As you know you can now pimp your Sidkit with extra-quality parts: new aluminum barrel and sight (Mspaw), new butt plate (Donparker).
Gaff87
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome aboard Aaron.

Like most people have already said the Frontier Model's kit looks to be a poor copy.

I asked about them when i wanted my first blaster (I'm also in the UK) and was warned to stay well clear.
I'm glad i did.
I waited quite a while but eventually found someone who was selling theirs and thats how i got my early Coyle blaster.

I hope you can find what you're looking for, not the easiest thing to find in the UK.
Noeland
Community Guide

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to propsummit Aaron!

It's going to be tough to get any kind of replica gun imported into the UK, and right now I don't know a whole lot of folks producing kits.

You may want to ask around the prop boards to see if anyone already in the UK may be interested in selling a kit.

You've got a mission ahead of you with this one I'm afraid.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: