FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
Announcing the Model ‘A’ Conversion Kit !!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
propsjonnyb
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:01 pm    Post subject: Announcing the Model ‘A’ Conversion Kit !! Reply with quote

Announcing the Model ‘A’ Conversion Kit

I am pleased to announce, after 18 months development work and extensive consultation and co-operation with Richard Coyle (RCA Props) , a completely ‘new’ upgrade kit for your M2019 CS&T ‘Worldcon’ Blaster or similar model type is now available, the kit improves the overall functionality of the CS&T making it appear more ‘field strippable’ and adds a ‘theatrical ‘ feature - the conversion kit ‘donor’ gun is based on a completely safe, fully working - legal to own and operate (within the parameters of the VCR Act or your countries specific legislation)- PFC gun using a standard cap cartridge and with the use of a special ‘pyro’ cartridge of my own design, a realistic muzzle effect flame is created - mimicking the ‘Hero’ prop used by Harrison Ford in the making of “Blade Runner” , effectively making your gun a ‘theatrical firing effect’ Blaster. Standard Marushin 7mm caps can also be used as well, as these are normally recommended by the manufacturer.

The conversion kit comprises of:-

A gun frame with moulded inner grip with a machined barrel permanently attached, that has been blocked with a special venting system to allow the barrel to vent the expanding gasses out of the barrel - producing a extremely realistic barrel flash and loud gunshot bang!

The gun frame comes complete with all the necessary guide rails, guideposts and pre- drilled and tapped screw holes needed

A .38 revolving Drum, with five ‘new’ dummy .38 cartridges

Five . 38 ‘firing’ cartridges with a cap loading tool,

A speed loader to load the gun,

A box of 100 ‘ special theatrical firing’ caps (the ‘ammunition’ caps will be supplied separately to meet current legislation by a guaranteed delivery service)

And a cleaning kit.

With a complete instruction guide to fitting

Priced at GB £400 or USD $645

the kit can be retrofitted to almost all Blasters as all the preparatory and conversion work has been carried out already , it is a simple and easy task to undertake and should take no more than 20 to 30 minutes to complete.

A returnable deposit of GB £200 ( USD $ 325) is required to secure your order, as the ‘donor’ gun must be purchased so all the preparatory work and conversion can be carried out, this takes on average approximately a week, the kit will then be shipped - average delivery time is 4 to 6 working days, so please allow up to two to three weeks for delivery.

The kit comes with a ‘free’ 90 day service warranty covering mechanical parts breakdown , which can be extended to a one year renewable guarantee, covering normal ‘wear and tear’ and a full complete service at a cost of GB £ 75 ( USD $120)

This kit cannot be retrofitted to fire any form of ‘live’ ammunition, as it is based entirely on a Plug Fire Cap mechanism, and the base materials are made from ABS plastic and soft metal alloys that could not withstand firing a live round.

It is actually based on a S&W Model 36, 5 shot double action 38 cal which is the closest ‘physical’ match to the Charter Arms’ Bulldog’ Police Special .44 cal, all care has been taken to match all the characteristics and features of the ‘Bulldog’ but it is not an exact match, as certain ‘artistic license’ has had to be used to provide such features , the aim has been to provide the best ‘working’ reproduction of the Blade Runner ‘Hero’ prop and we believe we have achieved that aim.

The Model A conversion kit will be available from the end of January 2010

Full details from johnwbullock@btinternet.com available after the holidays .

A short video of the conversion kit fitted to a Coyle V4 , ''firing'' is up on You Tube search for ‘Blade Runner Firing Blaster’

Unfortunately, I have just heard from the manufacturer's today, that future production of the donor gun is questionable at least and that production may cease altogether, so this is going to be a extremely rare limited edition and probably will not be repeated again , unless I can place a bulk order , so to all interested parties - please place your orders before the end of the month with your deposit via paypal ( johnwbullock@btinternet.com) to secure your kit . If I cannot get enough advanced orders before 31/1/10 , I will not be producing any more kits in the future .

I would need to secure the complete run of M36's to ensure I could offer the kit on an onging basis for at least this year, if anybody want's one, a 50 % deposit will secure - that's £200GB and $325USD respectively, I have a small stock which will cover the first 12 kits, which I will now release as a limited edition , thereafter if anybody sends a deposit I will endeavour to source a donor gun , if not I will return all deposits in full.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> The Prop Shop All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: