FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
WTB powder for Hartford bullets - any info?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bolsoncerrado
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:59 pm    Post subject: WTB powder for Hartford bullets - any info? Reply with quote

I got a Hartford Blaster with that sort of bullets where u can put powder in them and i guess fire it for some noise/smoke but im lacking all the info re: which sort of powder does fit iN there....

Any1?
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Noeland gave me a link a while ago, but I don't have it here, and I never ordered them. Try a search for pfc caps.

Andy
bolsoncerrado
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks will do.

If any1 else has more info dont hesitate to share Wink
pappy1182

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a walter ppk model gun(marushin),with the same bullet for gun powder. the slide is plastic but its fine to be fired with that gun powder.
but forgot the brand,i can post pics when i got home(2 days) if you're still looking
bolsoncerrado
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can bullets be bought separately too?
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So far most of the sellers I have found have been outside the US. Also searching for "Plug Fire Cap"s. Most airsoft dealers should also be able to get these for you.

Here is an example of one dealer...
http://www.modelguns-worldwide.com/accessories.htm

I also don't have my stuff with me, and can't recall if they use the 5mm or 7mm caps.

Andy
Hasenbrau
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure if this helps, but I've been using some plug fire caps I got a while back for a MGC Tommy gun in my Hartford. The caps are manufactured by Marushin Industry Co., LTD and are 7mm. they're a perfect fit and work great.

I acquired mine via the same ebay seller I picked up the Tommy Gun from. Couldn't hurt to contact any sellers on ebay who are selling plug fire cap guns and see if they'll sell you just the caps.

Good luck.
bolsoncerrado
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys someone already pmed me with massive stocks of caps to fire the hartford...
For those of you who already fired it... Do parts resist the stress/pressure?

Btw isnt this looking like a flamethrower? I just need sound/smoke... Real bullets never get so many fire rite?

http://www.modelguns-worldwide.com/images/proppowder.jpg

finally now i seek more bullets!!
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I need to get more of the casings too. I have heard is is very important to get the cleaner to clean out the residue after using. The powder residue can do damage over time and block the gun barrel as well.

Andy
bolsoncerrado
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But hartford barrels are sort of blocked by a veritcal bar roght? Hard
to clean that way hmmm
Noeland
Community Guide

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I order my caps from Unique canes. The extra bullets I got directly from hartford.

http://yhst-5672966975550.stores.yahoo.net/armory-world-war-ii-blowback-models-pfcs-and-caps.html

It is VERY important to clean the guns after you are done firing them for a day. The powder is incredibly corrosive, and even if you leave them overnight, the powder will corrode the battery contacts inside the magazine. It happened to one of my guns, and I ended up having to install a new battery contact.

This is what you get when you fire the blasters:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LaXCKk2xCY8

You also get a buttload of misfires, and some times firings on the second or third go around. I talked to Kato about this, and he said the guns and bullets are usually modified for film work.

This was my first experience with plug fire revolvers, and it was a lot of fun.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUYLBV8SVrk

They are pretty sturdy guns though they do have issues real guns don't, being made primarily of plastics, so you just have to be careful with them.

TO CLEAN THEM: I use a light gun oil from hoppes and cotton swabs (Qtips). You can get over and under the vertical bar installed in the barrel with no problem, and you can clean inside fine. Just use Qtips that are tight, so you're not digging cotton threads out of nooks and crannies.

Good luck!
bolsoncerrado
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks many, Noeland Wink

Btw, is it required any tool to load the powder on the bullets correctly?

Also, how can Hartford be contacted/ordered?

Do they happen to have a storefront online?

BTW what does PFC stand for?

Powder Firing Cap? Plug Fire Cap?
Noeland
Community Guide

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're welcome. Glad to be of help.

PFC stands for plug fire cap. There is a small plastic tool used to seat the cap, and to remove the cap and striker from inside the casing after it's fired, it tends to stick in there. The milled brass or aluminum "bullets" are reusable.

There is no loose powder, by the way, it's a plastic cap with powder inside.

http://www.hartford.co.jp/
propsjonnyb
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:38 am    Post subject: PFC Caps Reply with quote

As others have mentioned here , PFC ( Plug Fire Caps) are extremely corrosive , I use warm water with a couple of drops of washing up liquid , brushed with an old tooth brush especially the 'bullet' screw heads to remove the deposits , rinse with clean warm water and leave to dry on kitchen roll in a warm place , you must also remove and clean the cartridge drum and the barrel at least after every 50 shots or every time you fire the gun or at least once a month , depending on usage. A few drops of light gun oil or 3-in-one is recommended, do not use WD40 or other mineral oils as they can react badly, the best is pure silicon lubricant which is highly recommended for all PFC guns .

I have had my own pyro caps made , as I personally think the Marushin 7mm cap ( recommended for the Hartford) average price is around £7.50 per hundred ( appx $12USD per 100) is too sparkly and I much prefer a more realistic flame muzzle flash effect ) this does workout more expensive - double the price and you have to order a huge quantity, but IMHO worth very penny!
I know this is not the place and I apologise in advance, but I can get and supply the ' firing ' cartridges and the 'dummy' bullets and of course the caps. PM me for details
erv
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm jumping the topic... I'm working on a PFC prop (lawgiver) and now I'm having a hard time finding a supplier happy to ship me some PFC caps.

modelgun worldwide is off for the moment and modelguncollector won't ship oversea.

Is there someone here willing to send me 100-200 of those, I just plan to make a few demos for filming then I'm done with it. I have a marushin M9 model gun on my way now.

thanks ! let me know !
propsjonnyb
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Erv,
What size is your gun , in particular the size of your 'firing' shells as this determines what PFC cap is required (you should get some firing shells with the gun), the ammunition (caps) are getting more difficult to obtain with the restrictions being emposed , a 100 will cost you about $15 to $20 plus postage, if you can get someone to ship them to you.
My earlier comments still apply , firing caps leaves a corrosive residue in the firing chamber and barrel which must be cleaned or it damages the gun eventually.
erv
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks !

the M9 uses some 7mm PFC caps. I don't plan to use the gun a lot and I'll clean it after the demo I'll film.
The M9 is provided with 5-ish cartriges/shells and I bough 5 additional, however, I'm just missing the caps.

I believe I could use either MG caps or marushin ones, the MGcaps being recommended for blow back guns & getting some smoke, the marushin makes a nice spark. I don't mind as long as the blow back & shell ejection work.
I just need a good soul to put a pack or 2 in a flat rate box. In the UK vendors seems tied by the law, but if someone is happy to reship some, all I can say is that I don't plan to take that to public conventions.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> The Prop Shop All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: