FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
SCRATCH building a C&S (NEED HELP from replica owners)

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner Blaster Information and Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RUML-995

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 11:32 pm    Post subject: SCRATCH building a C&S (NEED HELP from replica owners) Reply with quote

Hello propsummit! This is my first post here, and I would just like to go on and on about how excited I am that I found this site is but I'm sure you all know how I feel. Well I am a student at an art college and I love building props. Blade Runner is one of my all-time favorite movies and I decided that I NEED Deckard's blaster. I don't have enough money to spend on a kit so I am deciding to scratch build one like pulseriflefan did. Before I get started I was wondering if anyone with a screen-accurate PKD replica could do me the world's largest favor and give me the dimensions and measurements of the gun. I am going to start by creating a life-size schematic drawing of the PKD from the front, back, and both sides. I would greatly benefit from photographs from these angles (dead on). Also if anyone knows where to find replica or airsoft bulldogs or steyr rifles (parts) I would really like to know. If you wanna help out with any information you might have then post it here or IM me at sn: feedrosie or PM me. I would be very grateful to anyone willing to help me out.

I'll keep you posted on my progress.

Thanks,
-WR Very Happy Very Happy
jf
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take a look at Karl Tate's Worldcon pics; it doesn't get any better than that, and many of the photos have a scale card beside the gun. I've been working on a scratchbuilt airsoft version, based on the UTG master sniper receiver, which isn't unlike the Steyr. I've been too cheap to shell out for a decent gas airsoft revolver though; I keep hoping something will turn up on craig or ebe at a ridiculously low cost. There's no exact airsoft bulldog, although there was a tanaka of sorts once upon a time, but it didn't have a proper cylinder so I nixed it. I think the ideal would be one of tanaka's S&W M models, but they ain't cheap. Best of luck
RUML-995

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.hobbytron.com/M324SniperCylinderAssembly.html I orded the bolt assembly just now (back of the thing) and I plan on using metal tubing for the barrel housing. Thought this would be interesting.
jf
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 11:35 am    Post subject: scratchbuilt airsoft blaster Reply with quote

Hey RUML-
well you inspired me to finally get back to work on my airsoft blaster. The thing that's been holding me up is my profound cheapness and resistance to spending more than 30 bux on an airsoft revolver. Well I finally found a used HFC Combat Magnum last night for reasonably cheap so I plan to get back to it when the gun arrives next week sometime.

If I didn't show it before, here's the original thread on my build, with some early pics. I'll post more when the revolver arrives.:

http://propsummit.com/viewtopic.php?t=517&highlight=utg

how's your project?
jf
RUML-995

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't start until I get home from school in a week. I had the airsoft parts mailed to my home address so I wouldn't be tempted to make a PKD during college finals.
jf
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 11:47 pm    Post subject: gas revolver up on ebe Reply with quote

Hey Ruml-
There's a revolver on ebay you should check out if you get a break from finals:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=180245510400

This is the one I was hoping to find new and for less than 60 bux. It's a Bell m10; not a tanaka, but not too bad. Anyway, as I said, my HFC arrived today so I'll be going with that one. Best of luck

jf
jf
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 2:49 pm    Post subject: my airsoft blaster crawls forth.... Reply with quote

Here's a quick shot of how my HFC/UTG airsoft based blaster is coming along. VERY EARLY STAGE of machining and fitting just to let you know that I'm still on it. Missing from this shot is the plug I made to reduce the size of the ejection port and the cocking lever I'm whittling down from a motorcycle drum brake arm. At the moment I'm mocking up the Steyr clip housing out of ABS. I know that RUML is working on the same project, and if anyone else is interested, Hobbytron has the UTG bolt housing, handle, and endcap available for about $18 bux. That's really all the parts you need from the UTG rifle; just add your favorite airsoft blaster, mill them to fit like you like, and sink dozens of hours into it and, voila! You're halfway there! Here's the link:

http://www.hobbytron.com/M324AirsoftSniperRifleRepairParts.html

DannyinTexas
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The hobbytron link no longer works. Does anybody still sell those parts?
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good stuff guys! I admire the efforts, difficult to build that gun from scratch.
hirohawa
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DannyinTexas wrote:
The hobbytron link no longer works. Does anybody still sell those parts?

Kapowwe often has the gun in their refurbished section for cheap.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner Blaster Information and Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: