FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
Check out Alienexperience.com

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General Discussion related to Alien
View previous topic :: View next topic  
robthom

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 5:54 am    Post subject: Check out Alienexperience.com Reply with quote

A website for us enthusiasts who appreciate and are thankful for Mr. Dennis Lowes infinitely selfless sharing of his experience creating our favorite movie.

Smile
Space Jockey
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers for the link robthom, especially enjoy reading the banter going on with Jon, Dennis and Simon in the forum at the moment.
I have to say though now I'm terrified of releasing the blueprints as I'm terrified they'll rip the crap out of them (in a jokingly good way of course) as hard as I have to make them accurate, there's just so much reference out there now that during the last few months has sprung up out of nowhere Shocked
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think they'll rip you open for your commandable effors at producing a set of blue-prints from one of the most amazing space-ship (IMHO) to appear in a science-fiction movie. As I said before, those are very well done and if they critize them, I hope they'll offer you constructive critics
maledoro
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, guys, for the plug!

Not only are Dennis and Jon a riot, but they are very informative and helpful, too. They told us that if anyone should have a question to go ahead and post it and they will answer it as best as they can.

If you happen to register there, do as Space Jockey did and let us know you came from here! This is a really cool site and we have tons of BR fans on AXP who might be interested in checking this place out.
Thedus

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maledoro wrote:
we have tons of BR fans on AXP who might be interested in checking this place out.

Indeed we do. Wink

...Fancy seeing you here, Mal. Very Happy

And for those who haven't already stopped by to check out the discussion over at AXP here's a direct link to the ongoing conversation.

Clicky.

Now I'm off to indulge my prop/replica needs. Great site guys!
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Thedus. I did just join AXP too. Will spend some time checking it out for sure.

Andy
Mark Sheppard
Community Member

Location: In my office playing golf, pouring drinks, making deals.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder how Dennis and Jon feel about the original film being so bastardized and destroyed by the sequels(just my humble opinion ) I keep in touch with them quite often, but I just never remembered to ask their opinions about it.

Last edited by Mark Sheppard on Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Mark Sheppard
Community Member

Location: In my office playing golf, pouring drinks, making deals.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Space Jockey wrote:
Cheers for the link robthom, especially enjoy reading the banter going on with Jon, Dennis and Simon in the forum at the moment.
I have to say though now I'm terrified of releasing the blueprints as I'm terrified they'll rip the crap out of them (in a jokingly good way of course) as hard as I have to make them accurate, there's just so much reference out there now that during the last few months has sprung up out of nowhere Shocked

Graham, we all think your blueprints are awesome! Dont even worry about it, the time and research you have put into this project is fantastic, and I am sure you will have a hit! I am up for a set to hang over the sofa in my living room. Nobody is going to "rip the crap" out of you LOL! actually the original guys are more than flattered that fans such as yourself are putting so much effort into keeping something like the Nostromo alive through documentation like yours, these by far are 99.9% accurate, and to be honest, there are differences in all the pre-production and the 3 models used in the film. and this is after all about community and fun, right!??
maledoro
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've also made a thread on AXP letting the others know you're here and to check you out.
Space Jockey
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the kind comments on the blueprints, guys. I had some nice words from Dennis too which was great and has boosted my confidence in getting them done.
Love seeing the chat over at Alien Experience between evryone, especially the pics from Dennis, John and Simon et al, and it's great to see the community spirit between the two forums.
phicks

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Space Jockey - Are your blueprints posted in their entirety somewhere in one of the threads on this page? I can only find bits and pieces of closeups of specific sections of the ship. They all look quite impressive, and I'd like to see the whole thing.
Space Jockey
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phicks; they are not posted - yet - and if they are probably will have watermarks and space jockey stamped all over....the plan is to do a limited hardcopy print on mylar with the views plus all sorts of technical info.
I have it in my head - just have to finsh drawing it - it will look sweet and honor this awesome ship. I'm trying hard on it.
robthom

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Space Jockey, your blueprints are the best form of appreciation for what the original modelers created.

IMO you should make sure to post your BP's!

I'd bet the original modelers such as Mr.Lowe would be duly impressed with your efforts, and possibly offer helpful information or design corrections if needed.
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Phicks! Always good to have another Canuck joining our group
Space Jockey
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's alot of new people here now; welcome Phicks, Robthom, Maledoro and Thedus!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General Discussion related to Alien All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: