FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
replica blaster history and timeline. Last updated 3/2013
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner Blaster Information and Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Upadated with Craig Kovach information...
racprops
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

>>>Jupiter Built-Ups. I thought for a while they were clones of a Coyle but when I got better pics the "tells" of a stunt casting started to show up big time...the Steyr clip also says 223...instead of 222. It does remind me of my early Coyle though<<

I remember seeing their model and I think it was a copy off my model.

I had some pictures some where..

Rich
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Thought so at first, but after comparing yours side by side it just didn't match. All the similarities it has to yours you had taken from the stunts castings as well, the screw holes are still clayed up. It also has the sliding cylinder release switch. If they copied any of yours it would have to be a pre C&S. I am pretty sure it was made in Japan, but it also has Tags that say "made in Europa" and "Jupiter Productions, Sacramento, CA U.S.A." all the text instructions are in Japanese. I have some pics sent to me from a guy in Japan(Biggles who is a member here) that are pretty good. Here is one from him.

Last edited by andy on Tue Sep 09, 2008 1:35 am; edited 1 time in total
racprops
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I looked it up and it looks like a copy of my first Blade Runner Blaster, the 85 and up model which had lights and later sound, no working bolt and the displaced screws in the grips.

The only thing they inproved was the swing arm.

Other wise the ammo housing not mounting on top of the side cover and other details makes it a copy based off my early Stunt prop model.

Rich
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess I am not sure what you mean by that? I will have to go back to my references and look again.
racprops
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I did the early model I had no way of knowing that the ammo housing sits on a shelf from the side cover, so the ammo housing mounted alone to the pistol frame.

And I had trouble with the grips breaking due to be so thin near the edge so I moved the upper screws inward, this shows up was only on my models.

They did add a more accurate swing arm, which on my old model was missing compleatly.

And yes my old model said 223 not 222.

I used that as that was the only copy of a ammo clip I could find and I thought it would also work as a tell, as it did.

Rich
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How did I miss that screw? I still don't quite understand the "shelf" thing you are talking about. I will have to dig out my guns and take a look. I have one of your early guns and it says 222 on it but that may have been before you put the LEDs in the clip.
racprops
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There ws two major versions, the early 1985 to 1997 model was a plainer and simpler model.
It was totally based on a couple of stunt castings.
In 1997 I did the Bulldog Styer version.

Rich
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am curious about the variations of your earlier models. The one I have might not be one of yours after all, even though both you and Phil ID'd it for me. It has the .222 on the clip and is molded into the casing. It looks very much like screen used stunt casting with the same seems bubbles and all.
Noeland
Community Guide

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
When I did the early model I had no way of knowing that the ammo housing sits on a shelf from the side cover, so the ammo housing mounted alone to the pistol frame.

I knew there was something not quite clicking with the Jupiter guns, and that's it. I don't think I'd of noticed it otherwise, I just knew there was something about it that wasn't right.

Andy, Rich is talking about THIS:

Where the mag housing mounts to the side plate. There is kind of a "shelf" there.

Thanks Rich.
racprops
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just checked to be sure.

My early early model with NO working LEDs had the hard to read 222.

The later model with working LEDs and even later with Digital sound had the 223.

Rich
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awsome info guys. I just checked the images from the stunt from Planet Hollywood and it shows the "shelf", But of course if you cut a cast of a stunt up it would be close to impossible to retain the shelf without rebuilding it. The screw position on the grips is a better give away. By the way I just checked my early gun by you Rich, and it has the more egg shaped butt plate that the hero has, just without the pinky notch and the trimming to match the curve of the side and back of the grip.

Looks like I have to edit the timeline again...it is a work in progress after all.

thanks again,
Andy
johnvader

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jhyphen wrote:
There was a similar controversy involving SD Studios taking $500 deposits for a metal version that was never produced. Not sure, but I think all the deposits were ultimately refunded, but it did take quite a while, and some people apparently almost got forgotten in the process.

Not almost,Steve never did refund my money..I saved all his emails and my credit card receipt for years as proof,after countless promises from him to refund it I eventually just gave up..
racprops
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy some updates on the time line:

I checked and this is incorrect:

"2006; In April Richard Coyle announces an all metal Version of the C&S with Electronic lights and sound effects (32 were made)."

In fact my first offer for a all metal model with light and sound started (I think) around Dec. 2003 and Jan. 2004, I found the frist pictues of my work dated 1-11-2004, so think I was plugging it a little earlier.

There were two runs, the first I think ran 12 with two start up sound effects.

Then a second run in 2005 with one start up sound effect AND a voice track that said "Weapon Armed" and there were 20 made and shipped.

I show a picture named Last Model dated 5-25-06

"2006; In August during the Worldcon Science Fiction convention in Los Angeles the original “hero” gun is displayed and then photographed in detail by Karl Tate. It is the first public appearance known since the movie was finished."

I would ask you say I was there helping take those pictures and in some pictures it is my hands are holding the gun.

"2007; In February Richard Coyle announces the CS&T version of the gun that is even more accurate using the Worldcon photos."

I Announced on the RPF my plan to make a new more accurate model the week after Worldcon, Aug 2006.

Rich
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rich,

Thanks for the updates. I do wish you caught those back when I sent you the first drafts, but I will add them ASAP.

Andy
racprops
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry I was so busy...

Rich
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem. I have been hoping to get back into this project again. Especially now that I have more samples of these replicas myself to work with. How Ironic that it started off as a way for me to find out which "one" I would buy, and now I am trying to get them all. Very Happy

Andy
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some much needed updates were done on this on the 1st page. Though some of it is still very rough and unconfirmed.

I have also done a Blaster Family Tree/Flow Chart that I hoping to make into a digital version soon.

Andy
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some more small updates page 1.

Andy
jfuste
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow Andy... this work is an excellent and complete view of the blaster!!!! I think this *must* be in a book... Very HappyVery HappyVery HappyVery HappyVery HappyVery Happy

Now, once my family issues and brick and mortar ones are finished (almost, I hope), I'll return to book work asap!!!! I have tons of reference books and new props arrived.... thus, work will be hard from now, to reorder and update my production timeline.... but I must do!!! A pair of months were burned yet... one 10 months to go... My wishes are, next year Christsmas, book must be done! 2009 could be a 10 years before the great year comes... (2019 could be a very pretty year to do great things!!! IMHO).

Thus, I encourage any of you, propsummiters, doing research works like Andy's one, to contact me! I love this kind of deep work!

My own deep work will be in the Braun items direction. I bought many of then, and other Dieters Rams realted works, reference books, ads, and so on. I think this is a interesting line to make a large article or so.

Any of you could do the trick as well. Blade Runner has so many props that is impossible to make such deep research without help.

Well Andy, you know what I mean... Very Happy

I you agree, I will use the until now material no build a proof about Blaster....

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner Blaster Information and Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: