FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
BR in Nine Inch Nails concert

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 11:53 pm    Post subject: BR in Nine Inch Nails concert Reply with quote

I just got back from Cleveland and the Nine Inch Nails concert there Friday. I Will say that the show itself was incredible, even if you aren't a big fan of the group. They played a lot of classics but it was the new stuff from 'Ghosts' was some of the best parts of the show, even though I am sure many hard core fans will disagree. It was almost ambient and was complimented by the light show perfectly (as well as the other way around).

It was the light show that was also one of the most impressive parts of the show as a matter of fact. They used three layers of LED screens that were transparent and had 3D effect by layering images such as Rain and sky. The screens themselves reminded me to a degree of the Large screens of the Geisha in BR, but it was a background that they used for an encore that was in fact a live action homage to the hades landscape that made me smile the most.

When an image of a refinery (I think) at dusk (or dawn more accurately) surrounded by lights of other buildings and cars first came up I heard several people in the audience say "Blade Runner". The Image continued with flames not only coming from the stacks, but also from explosions in some fields. It all appeared as a real life 'live action' image with the explosions and some of the car lights possibly staged, but the rest totaly authentic and very 'BR'.

If any body can make it (or afford it) I highly recomend checking it out.

Andy

edited for really horrible spelling caused by sleep deprivation Smile

Last edited by andy on Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:03 am; edited 1 time in total
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The best pic from their website that I could find...

FlickR photostream link here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: