FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
Do Fanboys dream of Eclectic Props?

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Replica and Screen Used Props
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eagle
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 3:38 pm    Post subject: Do Fanboys dream of Eclectic Props? Reply with quote

Eagle
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah. I see this has already been covered. I'll get me (trench)coat.

SaberFreak
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get nightmares actually...about being outbidded on that rare item on eBay, and about not being shipped stuff I paid for... Confused
jfuste
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaberFreak wrote:
I get nightmares actually...about being outbidded on that rare item on eBay, and about not being shipped stuff I paid for... Confused

Twisted Evil

Well, no nightmares at all.... it's a matter of life, or a matter of money! After years bidding I understood that there is anything impossible to get. Some lost items (by any reason) appears again and again.... also *unique* pieces... like original screen used props... Sometimes the owner cannot pay debts.... and sells whatever to get out of risk... and then, you get another chance...

Others, is simply a patience question. I don't bid NEVER online... Why to rise the prices myself? Snipping at ending time is more helathy for my pocket... and, yes, I lost many times, but won many amy times... and pay less... Smile

Let's talk about those props.

1. The Cibi Double Old Fashion could be bought, brand new, for around $50 online. I have three of them at similar prices.

2 and 3. This spinner and sedan are worth a penny? Don't take me wrong. I buy ANY spinner I can afford... toys, mockups, lego, pictures, negatives, blueprints, books, ANY... But this particular two ones are rusty and weird... I will not pay so much for them... Recently, I bought a pile of junk (yeah, A GREAT PILE OF JUNK) from a prop maker hobbist... only for two pieces in the lot. A resin spinner and a sedan one. The spinner needs some finishing, but it's ok. The sedan is only a project not finished at all. But... well, the complete junk was cheap.

Ebay is a great way to find some jewels, and also some junky. The main question is, where we have the boundaries as collectors... (I don't have if you ask! Very Happy)

Let's fo how these auctions end....

Rustyn242
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, you were the one that won that auction? lol! I bid on that as well.
cheers!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Replica and Screen Used Props All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: