FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
RPF - Blade Runner Wallet - picture request

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Replica and Screen Used Props
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bill Hunt
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 7:13 pm    Post subject: RPF - Blade Runner Wallet - picture request Reply with quote

Is anyone a member over at The RPF? Propcollector has posted new pictures of his Deckard Wallet & ID project here:

http://therpf.com/showthread.php?t=36643

But if you're not a member, you can't view them, and lord knows when the RPF opens again for new members. Can anyone who IS a member over there repost the pictures here? One of them is br_id_copy.jpg and at the end of the thread, there's one called id_example3.jpg

Much appreciated!
Nexus6
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here you go:

*Mods (or propcollector, or spinner44), if posting this pic violates anything, feel free to delete (or let me know & I will).
amish
Community Guide

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Propcollector just joined and he posted a thread in the Prop Shop about a second run

http://propsummit.com/viewtopic.php?t=810

Otherwise, I have Spinner44's version and it is fantastic!
spinner44.com
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's actually the same one. He had approached me to see if I would do them. The ID and Vid-Phon card are however my newest addition to the set.

And yes, the badge is FANTASY, but at least it's gold plated metal and looks darn sharp if I say so myself. I have to say that the ID's were a bit tedious.
Bill Hunt
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

spinner44.com wrote:
It's actually the same one. He had approached me to see if I would do them. The ID and Vid-Phon card are however my newest addition to the set.

And yes, the badge is FANTASY, but at least it's gold plated metal and looks darn sharp if I say so myself. I have to say that the ID's were a bit tedious.

Well, they look like they're worth the wait. I'm certainly looking forward to mine arriving. Thanks for the hard work.

So what's next on your agenda? Any other BR wallet-related projects up your sleeve?
spinner44.com
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bill,

Thank you for the kind words.

Outside of this and a current t-shirt run, I think I am going to be fading into the ether. I'm pretty much relieving myself of most of my props, except for a select few. I may buy one of those new WorldCon pistols from Siderio, but I think that's it for me.

Over the past year I have seen some ugliness from a few people in the community that have really made me take stock of why I'm in the hobby. For me the balance sheet weighs on the side of new and more fulfilling pursuits. It's just not the same for me anymore. I have made some friends along the way which I appreciate. That's something I will always thankful for.

I'm not leaving per se. I'll still visit and maybe even chime in, although I think there's not much more to say.

Lately I've been fancying classic autos. Specifically 50s chop tops. I think that is my next hobby.
amish
Community Guide

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John,

While I believe I understand your reasons for getting away from the hobby, I hope you will still check in here as you have mentioned. I consider you to be a friend as well as a great resource. Besides, I still need to purchase some VidPhon cards from you...lol

To be honest, you are one of the people I have always considered a rock in this hobby. Meaning that no matter what may happen, you always had a great view and information to help bind people together either hobby related or otherwise.

I know the lure of Classic Cars and I hope you will share some of your endeavors with us.

Tom
spinner44.com wrote:
Bill,

Thank you for the kind words.

Outside of this and a current t-shirt run, I think I am going to be fading into the ether. I'm pretty much relieving myself of most of my props, except for a select few. I may buy one of those new WorldCon pistols from Siderio, but I think that's it for me.

Over the past year I have seen some ugliness from a few people in the community that have really made me take stock of why I'm in the hobby. For me the balance sheet weighs on the side of new and more fulfilling pursuits. It's just not the same for me anymore. I have made some friends along the way which I appreciate. That's something I will always thankful for.

I'm not leaving per se. I'll still visit and maybe even chime in, although I think there's not much more to say.

Lately I've been fancying classic autos. Specifically 50s chop tops. I think that is my next hobby.

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Replica and Screen Used Props All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: