FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
Problem with Tomenosuke Blaster

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Replica and Screen Used Props
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lasagna Smoothie
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2021 11:40 am    Post subject: Problem with Tomenosuke Blaster Reply with quote

Hello,

I recently purchased a Tomenosuke OG blaster from Hollywood Collectibles. This is actually my second Tomenosuke blaster, and the fit and finish on both of them is excellent. However, I've encountered a problem with both of these blasters. For some reason the cylinder on both them stops spinning once it reaches a specific chamber. It's still possible to pull the trigger and the hammer engages as it should, but the cylinder remains stationary. I've recorded a quick video for the sake of clarity:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWKgVb6Epyw

As you can see, the cylinder rotates with increasing hesitancy until it stops altogether. It appears that the cylinder always "locks" on a specific chamber on the cylinder. When I first received the blaster the cylinder had no issue rotating, but it rather suddenly developed this problem after the mechanism continued to be activated. The fact that the problem appeared over time suggests it might be due to mechanical wear and tear, however, while I haven't been keeping count, I'd say I've only pulled the trigger two or three hundred times on each blaster. Not an insignificant number of trigger pulls, but frankly I'd expect more from a $1200 blaster. As I mentioned earlier, my second blaster developed the same problem at almost the same time, so this clearly isn't an isolated issue.

Which brings me to my questions, I was wondering if any other Tomenosuke owners have encountered this particular issue? If so, what if anything have you done to remedy it? I've done a quick examination of both blasters, and nothing seems loose or amiss. I've also taken a couple of photos of the cylinder on on the OG blaster:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/157890514@N03/51276849078/in/dateposted-public/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/157890514@N03/51275930197/in/dateposted-public/

A great big thank you in advance to any who respond.
Robotprops
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2021 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe it's the lighting, but it looks like one of the tabs at the center of the cylinder that advance the rotation is misaligned. Could be just the angle of the pic, but if one of those is bent or missing, that would be why it stops advancing.

Tom
Lasagna Smoothie
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robotprops wrote:
Maybe it's the lighting, but it looks like one of the tabs at the center of the cylinder that advance the rotation is misaligned. Could be just the angle of the pic, but if one of those is bent or missing, that would be why it stops advancing.

Tom

Thanks for taking the time to respond. I think you're correct in that there may be an issue with one of the tabs. I've gone ahead and contacted Tomenosuke about obtaining a replacement part. Thanks again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Replica and Screen Used Props All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: