FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
Live-Fire Blasters
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner Blaster Information and Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
ogrotesque1
Community Member


Joined: 30 Sep 2016
Posts: 171
Location: La Palma, CA

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

djblingbling1 wrote:
I finished my live fire early last year, but have yet to fire it or anything yet.


Great, glad to hear! Can we at least see some photos of your Live-Fire Blaster please?
Damion
_________________
Damion: ogrotesque1
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
Author Message
djblingbling1
Community Member


Joined: 11 Oct 2017
Posts: 88
Location: Salem, OR

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote




[/img]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
ogrotesque1
Community Member


Joined: 30 Sep 2016
Posts: 171
Location: La Palma, CA

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2020 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are we looking at a live-fire, whatís going on here? Looks outstanding regardless. Nice work dj!
_________________
Damion: ogrotesque1
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
Author Message
ogrotesque1
Community Member


Joined: 30 Sep 2016
Posts: 171
Location: La Palma, CA

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 5:05 pm    Post subject: My Live-Fire Blaster Reply with quote

https://i.imgur.com/hgJR4F7.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/yf9gWPh.jpg
_________________
Damion: ogrotesque1
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
Author Message
djblingbling1
Community Member


Joined: 11 Oct 2017
Posts: 88
Location: Salem, OR

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ogrotesque1 wrote:
Are we looking at a live-fire, whatís going on here? Looks outstanding regardless. Nice work dj!


Yes, you had asked for photos of it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
ogrotesque1
Community Member


Joined: 30 Sep 2016
Posts: 171
Location: La Palma, CA

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

djblingbling1 wrote:
ogrotesque1 wrote:
Are we looking at a live-fire, whatís going on here? Looks outstanding regardless. Nice work dj!


Yes, you had asked for photos of it.


Well, thanks for posting them. Your Blaster looks badass! If you ever plan on firing it youíll need to fabricate a slotted screw that will hold the cylinder shut when firing. Unless you managed to customize it some other way with the Weaver knob?
_________________
Damion: ogrotesque1
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
Author Message
djblingbling1
Community Member


Joined: 11 Oct 2017
Posts: 88
Location: Salem, OR

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ogrotesque1 wrote:
djblingbling1 wrote:
ogrotesque1 wrote:
Are we looking at a live-fire, whatís going on here? Looks outstanding regardless. Nice work dj!


Yes, you had asked for photos of it.


Well, thanks for posting them. Your Blaster looks badass! If you ever plan on firing it youíll need to fabricate a slotted screw that will hold the cylinder shut when firing. Unless you managed to customize it some other way with the Weaver knob?


I dont plan to ever fire anything more than 1/4 load blanks if even that. Just dont see the point since it would be a nightmare to clean all the fouling out of this thing and solvents for cleaning will probably ruin a lot of paintwork.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
ogrotesque1
Community Member


Joined: 30 Sep 2016
Posts: 171
Location: La Palma, CA

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

djblingbling1 wrote:
ogrotesque1 wrote:
djblingbling1 wrote:
ogrotesque1 wrote:
Are we looking at a live-fire, whatís going on here? Looks outstanding regardless. Nice work dj!


Yes, you had asked for photos of it.


Well, thanks for posting them. Your Blaster looks badass! If you ever plan on firing it youíll need to fabricate a slotted screw that will hold the cylinder shut when firing. Unless you managed to customize it some other way with the Weaver knob?


I dont plan to ever fire anything more than 1/4 load blanks if even that. Just dont see the point since it would be a nightmare to clean all the fouling out of this thing and solvents for cleaning will probably ruin a lot of paintwork.


I see your point and it is a good one. I went with powder coating just for that very reason. I love how your receiver looks, incredible!
_________________
Damion: ogrotesque1
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
Author Message
djblingbling1
Community Member


Joined: 11 Oct 2017
Posts: 88
Location: Salem, OR

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! Yeah I just used krylon semi gloss. It holds up fine but I wouldnt want to beat on it. I built a live fire more for the challenge than to actually build something to shoot. I wouldnt mind doing another though with more thought put into firing.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
hirohawa
Community Member


Joined: 18 May 2006
Posts: 1053

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great Job. Looks amazing!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Author Message
Staar
Community Member


Joined: 04 Feb 2008
Posts: 753
Location: AUSTRALIA

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stunning blaster!
_________________

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Author Message
joberg
Community Member


Joined: 06 Oct 2008
Posts: 9231

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2020 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stunning indeed Cool
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
stussy
Community Member


Joined: 29 Apr 2018
Posts: 92
Location: england

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2020 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

very nice. Very Happy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
MarsVoyager
Community Member


Joined: 04 Mar 2018
Posts: 18

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2020 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks real good! Seems like you've used original parts, and you mention that it is heavy. I've seen different values of the original prop weight. What is the weight of your blaster? Loaded or unloaded...
_________________
No artificial animals were harmed in the production
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
ogrotesque1
Community Member


Joined: 30 Sep 2016
Posts: 171
Location: La Palma, CA

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Come on guys, please post some good photos of your Live-Fires!? Letís keep this thread alive with some awesome pics. Thanks!
_________________
Damion: ogrotesque1
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner Blaster Information and Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group
BBTech Template by © 2003-04 MDesign

Problems Registering Contact: help@propsummit.com