FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
WTB (or commission): Tomenosuke Steel Cylinder SALE PENDING

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thresh Keller
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:08 pm    Post subject: WTB (or commission): Tomenosuke Steel Cylinder SALE PENDING Reply with quote

I'm desperately looking for quality drop-in steel cylinder for the Tomenosuke available for sale. My hope is that someone maybe has an extra they might be willing to part with. I have been able to procure a metal barrel, but a metal cylinder has proven elusive. An all metal Tomenosuke is my grail gun and sadly, I keep missing runs or losing auctions. I am not in a major rush, so I'd be happy to wait if anyone is willing to make one. Or, maybe you know a guy that knows a guy... Any help is greatly appreciated. Please feel free to either reply to this post or PM me is you prefer. Thanks!

EDIT: I've located someone who is making the part for me. Thanks!

Last edited by Thresh Keller on Mon Apr 02, 2018 2:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
eethan
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, there is a sale thread for that exact thing just bellow your thread, by DOn Parker and his cylinders are great
Thresh Keller
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eethan wrote:
Hey, there is a sale thread for that exact thing just bellow your thread, by DOn Parker and his cylinders are great

Yes, I know... I posted in that thread, and have been in touch with Don as well. Unfortunately, that ship has sailed & I was not aboard. And, I'm not sure if/when its setting sail again.

I've missed several runs on here and at the RPF. This is not the first time. LOL. I seem to have very bad luck and/or timing with regard to finding this part in-particular. I'll miss a run, move on to another project, finish it and come back to the Tomenosuke only to find out that I have missed another run. This time I am goign to stay focused. I am not starting another project until I find a cylinder and I finish the Tomen.

I noticed that there were several people in Don's thread purchased more than one cylinder and am hoping beyond hope that somehow someone has an extra they would be willing to part with...

So if you know of anyone that might have an extra or if you know someone that might be willing to make one, please let me know.

Thanks!
eethan
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ah ok, didn't know that DOn stoped for now.
Michele and/or sarednab are selling metal cylinders on ebay as well. his name on ebay is comprarobe but they sell themp one by one, so it's not on ebay everyday. at the moment there is just the wired side rod.
don't know if they are as good as Don's but that might be an alternative. Also, they are from Europe so it depends where you are located I guess.
good luck
Thresh Keller
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm, I look on eBay all the time. No luck yet. Unfortunately, none of those names above seem to check out on eBay. However, there is one on there paired with a barrel for approximately $400 USD (not including the additional $50 shipping from Australia) but that price is absolutely insane. I’m willing to pay a premium for the part, but for that much I can literally buy two complete Bulldogs and cannibalize them.
eethan
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, here is the link to the seller directly then, he has cylinders sometimes:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/comprarobe?_trksid=p2047675.l2559
eethan
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the one you are talking about is from Crattercriter that is a member here... his barrels and cylinders are for one polished stainless steel and the other is chromed. this is for ghost blasters specifically and those specificities are explaining the price...
Thresh Keller
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I assumed they were for a custom variation. Precisely why they would be totally inappropriate for my purposes. I’m bluing and ultimately weathering my blazer once I finish the build.

The craftsmanship looks fantastic. In the photos for that chromed listing you can see the name of a manufacturer in or company. I can’t recall if it was in a sticker or the red box that the item looks like it would fit in. I’ve tried searching that as well and can up empty handed as usual.

The second link you posted is to another auction I have seen. I have read about the maker as well. Italian gentleman I believe. I am going to reach out to him and see if he can assist.

I’m still looking... I’m not giving up.
eethan
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

there is no branding on the parts of CratterCritter, it's just writen "spinar" on a paper next to the items which is his ebay name so that people can see he took those pictures.
The barrel is most likely coming from teddz on the rpf and the cylinder from Don here.
the link I sent you is from the seller that also does the cylinders, he just doesn't have one for sale at this precise moment. contacting him is a good idea. for the record, he is also the guys that now sells the sidkits blaster Wink
Thresh Keller
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eethan wrote:
there is no branding on the parts of CratterCritter, it's just writen "spinar" on a paper next to the items which is his ebay name so that people can see he took those pictures.
The barrel is most likely coming from teddz on the rpf and the cylinder from Don here.
the link I sent you is from the seller that also does the cylinders, he just doesn't have one for sale at this precise moment. contacting him is a good idea. for the record, he is also the guys that now sells the sidkits blaster Wink

Wow! Thanks for the heads up! That's all great info. I will contact him today and see if hes able to assist. Will return here either way, I will keep this post goign until I find what I need.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> The Prop Shop All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: