FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
Blade Runner Crew Jacket

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bladerunneradrian

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:49 pm    Post subject: Blade Runner Crew Jacket Reply with quote

Hello all, I have a question for all the collector gurus on this great forum. I am in the process of acquiring a unused Blade Runner crew jacket with pin. What are the crew jackets worth nowadays? I just want to know I'm not getting ripped off.
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I own one of the jackets, and have followed them on ebay for close to 20 plus years. They have sold for as little as $75, and up to several hundred on ebay ($200 to $300). They have also been listed in movie auctions for over a thousand. The main thing to their values, seems to be more, who owned it, than even condition. Prices for the more common, and less prestigious provenance ones seems to depend on size as well, but the prices don't seem to follow any real trend, beyond, who is bidding and watching at that moment. The average price for the run of the mill, seemed to be a bit over a hundred on the bay, or $150. I am sure prices will go up on these with the new film. I think a real price is probably double that now. More with any provenance and better condition, although the good condition can deter people from thinking it is authentic, while used might give it just enough character, minus holes rips, and other damage.

I have seen at least one bootleg, so make sure it has the tag for "Cloth Tattoo" on it and compare it to close-ups of other jackets in the embroidery details. I have seen them in multiple colors, as well as faded colors. Most are a plumb wine color, with often green or red, as well as black and brown elastic collars, sleeves, waist and piping. Black is also a common color for these, which may actually fade to the plumb color with washings. I have also seen red more than once. Ridley Scott's had his initials embroidered on his, and I believe it fetched the highest price for one I remember over a decade ago, for well over a grand, but I don't remember the final price for sure. I have a bet they are coming up less and less for auction, especially on ebay, but I stopped checking this past year or so.

I could potentially see these skyrocket in price though. People have been getting crazy over what they will pay for BR stuff. I expect stuff like this to really go crazy, especially in film related catalogued actions. The new film seems to have got more interest in the film, and also did not hurt the fan base like the Star Wars prequels did. Be fun to get back into tracking this stuff again.

Good luck, hope this helped at all,
Andy
bladerunneradrian

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! Andy, thank you for a very informative answer! I have seen one of these sell on Ebay for $1000 last year, and similar auction sites have sold them for around the same. I went ahead with the deal and this is what I received, it even came with a crew pin. I received this jacket from the son of a make-up supervisor who worked on Blade Runner. He states that it has not been worn, it's very clean. Very interesting person to talk to about the film Part of me really wants to keep this jacket, but I would ultimately like to trade for a good PKD blaster! Any takers?
bladerunneradrian

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[img]http://i.imgur.com/iIvFaSLundefined.jpg?1[/img]
[img]http://i.imgur.com/iqaneDIundefined.jpg?1[/img]
[img]http://i.imgur.com/txOhrJ3undefined.jpg?1[/img]
[img]http://i.imgur.com/O80lW72undefined.jpg?2[/img]
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The story on the crew pin as you call it, is that it was made for only the people that were still there for the last day of principle photography by Terrence Ford (Harrison's brother). It is probably a lot rarer than the Jacket even. I have one as well. Curious what you ended up paying for the crew jacket and pin?

Andy
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Always fun to see that jacket. Very clean indeed; Andy's right about the pin, very rare for sure Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: