FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
Finally put together my Tomenosuke blaster!

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner Blaster Information and Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BCTGUNR

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:40 pm    Post subject: Finally put together my Tomenosuke blaster! Reply with quote

It's been a long time coming, but after a little over a year of staring at my Assembly kit from Tomenosuke, I finally decided to put the sucker together!

This process was a lot of fun - and not near as time consuming as I had feared, in fact I think I probably spent the most time with my sanding and polishing to get the receiver to really shine. That and wiring up the green LEDs, which wasn't a walk in the park.

I'm very happy with how this turned out.

Here are some pics:

http://imgur.com/a/FU1TP

Edit: Would have used the BBCode for easy access of Images, but the resolution I used was HUGE and makes the post look absolutely ridiculous
hirohawa
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks fantastic!
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed, fantastic Cool
XB4

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks great! The tomenosuke kit has the green LED lighting? because my new HGC edition doesn't have that Sad
Buch
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

XB4 wrote:
Looks great! The tomenosuke kit has the green LED lighting? because my new HGC edition doesn't have that Sad

If you hook it up, yes.
BadAtNames
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful work!

I was recently fortunate enough to score the Tomen Assembly Kit phase pistol put up for auction and this is one of the customizations I plan on doing to mine.

I've been meaning to ask someone who has made this modification what it involves. Can you describe a little about how you wired them up? I don't see any wires anywhere, so I'm assuming you didn't use a 4 wire setup. Does the stock electronics board in the ammo magazine have a place to connect leads for the green LEDs, or is some modification beyond soldering the lines onto the board required?
jedibugs
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BadAtNames wrote:
Beautiful work!

I was recently fortunate enough to score the Tomen Assembly Kit phase pistol put up for auction and this is one of the customizations I plan on doing to mine.

I've been meaning to ask someone who has made this modification what it involves. Can you describe a little about how you wired them up? I don't see any wires anywhere, so I'm assuming you didn't use a 4 wire setup. Does the stock electronics board in the ammo magazine have a place to connect leads for the green LEDs, or is some modification beyond soldering the lines onto the board required?

I've been looking for this same info. I just finished my build last night, but can't find the info on how to wire up the greens (and my experiments were unsuccessful)
Staar
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovely work. Congrats on a terrific result.

MARK

BCTGUNR

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jedibugs wrote:
BadAtNames wrote:
Beautiful work!

I've been looking for this same info. I just finished my build last night, but can't find the info on how to wire up the greens (and my experiments were unsuccessful)

Hello! I apologize for leaving this question hanging since February. I intended to return to it but kept forgetting. It's late now, but I will return tomorrow with an explanation to try and explain what I did as best I can!
BCTGUNR

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for the very late reply, the green LEDs are not as difficult as it may seem, though my method could be improved upon.

I started with a set of these:
https://www.amazon.com/RTGS-Sets-Green-Lights-Silver/dp/B010J5Q856/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1494906566&sr=8-7&keywords=green+leds

I cut the wires and wired the switch up to the included green LEDs in the Tomenosuke kit with some heat shrink tubes.

The metal sight rod/bar is not completely hollow, so I had to dremel it down to expand it.

I currently have the switch placed loose in the blaster's removable compartment, sitting on top of the red LED system.
The removable piece will have to be cut down one side to make room for the wires.
There is plenty of room for the switch in the compartment. Surely there's a way to combine these to work off a single switch, but as it is mine functions just as it should and it is very easy to activate.

Below is an Imgur link with some photos to help you get an idea for what I'm talking about.

http://imgur.com/gallery/ShaYm

I'm probably being too vague, if you need more specifics I'm happy to help!
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TFS with us BCTGUNR
BadAtNames
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BCTGUNR wrote:
Sorry for the very late reply, the green LEDs are not as difficult as it may seem, though my method could be improved upon.

I started with a set of these:
https://www.amazon.com/RTGS-Sets-Green-Lights-Silver/dp/B010J5Q856/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1494906566&sr=8-7&keywords=green+leds

I cut the wires and wired the switch up to the included green LEDs in the Tomenosuke kit with some heat shrink tubes.

The metal sight rod/bar is not completely hollow, so I had to dremel it down to expand it.

I currently have the switch placed loose in the blaster's removable compartment, sitting on top of the red LED system.
The removable piece will have to be cut down one side to make room for the wires.
There is plenty of room for the switch in the compartment. Surely there's a way to combine these to work off a single switch, but as it is mine functions just as it should and it is very easy to activate.

Below is an Imgur link with some photos to help you get an idea for what I'm talking about.

http://imgur.com/gallery/ShaYm

I'm probably being too vague, if you need more specifics I'm happy to help!

Awesome! This isn't too vague at all. I had actually planned on doing something very similar, except my plan involved cobbling together the same rig you found on Amazon from it's component parts. Buying it assembled and just wiring in the LEDs on the rod will save me a lot of time.

TFS!
hirohawa
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks great. And these are 3mm LEDs?

Thanks
eltee
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have any in-progress assembly pics of this amazing piece? Did you have to drill and tap? In addition to the led lit "sighting rod" did you do any other upgrades?

Thanks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner Blaster Information and Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: