FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
Rachael's photo

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gomcse
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:44 pm    Post subject: Rachael's photo Reply with quote

Anyone else notice that the "still" photo of Rachael and her "mom" is *animated* when Deckard looks at it closely?

Dave.
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes Dave, toward the end of the shot, they made the Mother's head move with the light reflections. As you know, the pictures in BR have a different technology (Esper)and they tend to be either 4-D or "animated"...good catch Wink
CessnaDriver
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The closet we could get is lenticular photos, wonder what it would cost to do such a run?
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a Canadian group that has invented a 3-D moving poster, James Cameron is interested to put those posters in movie theaters for his next Avatar...problem is that they would be likely stolen. Theater owners do not have the money to hire extra security to watch those posters.
The price has to come down also (prohibitive for the average Joe Confused ).
gomcse
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is more along the lines of what I would do:

http://technology.inc.com/2011/07/22/animated-photo-technology-coming-to-greeting-cards/

Lenticular printing is not the future, imo. I think a thin sheet of LCD/LED "paper" with embedded circuitry powered by bio-electricity (you touch it, it has power) would allow programming a short movie clip. Essentially you have a paper thin monitor with a pre-programmed, looping HD clip.

I suppose when the tech is sophisticated enough you could add sound as well, and longer (full length?) movies.

Dave
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some people are already talking about the Customized Greeting Card (C.G.C.) when it'll be possible to have your face and your msg on the greeting card itself: you'll record it and they'll put it on that special "screen" with sound of course. Wink
Dascoyne
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 4:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Rachael's photo Reply with quote

gomcse wrote:
Anyone else notice that the "still" photo of Rachael and her "mom" is *animated* when Deckard looks at it closely?

Dave.
Thank you!

I've argued with my best friend over this years ago when watching and researching it on VHS. I was certain that a couple of frames of motion could be seen in the photo. My friend just said it was an illusion from light. I thought the moving shadows were shadows from a tree in the photo which would support my argument.
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The late Kevin Bulmer was working on doing this before he passed away, but unfortunately he was hesitant doing it with his company after he got the rights to do licensed material for Star Wars and Lucasfilm. He decided to hold off, and of course was never able to go back to working on it before his untimely death. Doc3D had also played with the idea, but only did a couple cropped versions. In the briefcase 25th anniversary set, the lenticular that was included was originally talked about being the same photo, but I believe they moved away from it, because the image was not in the end famous enough to help sell the set, or at least not an image of one of the films stars.

Who knows what will happen down the road?

Andy
BeastMaster
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just remembered i gave doc the source photo for the lenticular. Still waiting for my print Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: