FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
Blade Runner 3D Re-release Campaign

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
robfilmmaker

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:15 pm    Post subject: Blade Runner 3D Re-release Campaign Reply with quote

I started a campaign on facebook to re-release Blade Runner in 3D. I never got to experience Blade Runner on the big screen, and since studios are re-releasing old classics in 3D these days, I think Blade Runner would be awesome to see in theatre. Help us out by liking our compaign:

https://www.facebook.com/BladeRunner3dRerelease
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Rob, I cannot envision BR in 3-D since the original film was not...and since you haven't seen the movie on a big screen, wich I highly recommend, maybe that would help you change your mind.
In the mean time, SRS is going ahead with a BR2 and I'm fairly confident it'll be in 3-D like Prometheus Wink
robfilmmaker

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

joberg wrote:
Well Rob, I cannot envision BR in 3-D since the original film was not...and since you haven't seen the movie on a big screen, wich I highly recommend, maybe that would help you change your mind.
In the mean time, SRS is going ahead with a BR2 and I'm fairly confident it'll be in 3-D like Prometheus Wink

The only way it would be re-released is in 3D. Like the upcoming Jurassic Park 3D re-release. Its the only incentive studios have to do it. I understand the knee-jerk reaction to 3D as a gimmick as I was in that boat at the beginning, but the technology is getting better as time goes on and when its done "correctly" its pretty good. I saw the re-release of Titanic in 3D and was fairly impressed at the 3D conversion.
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly, I am okay with it being done and re-released in 3D. It is a natural for the process. I know a lot of purists will be furious about it, but I would love to see it. Ridley unfortunately said "No", but I think the studio and the BR partnership still need to find ways to capitalize on this film, so I am sure it will be looked into at the least.

Andy
robfilmmaker

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

andy wrote:
Ridley unfortunately said "No"Andy

Has Ridley made a statement about a re-release? I've never heard anything.
ocd
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:55 pm    Post subject: 3-D,... shmeee-D,... NOT Reply with quote

ANY and ALL "3-D" films are a WASTE of time.

BLD re released 3-D. LOL.

Like THAT's going to be something I will HAVE to see?

NOT.

IF Hollywierd want's to WAST money on making 3-D films, they are WELCOME to.

I for one will NOT WASTE MY money on them.

And so will a LOT of other people apparently as 3-D films are not "ALL THE RAGE".

FAD.

"Questions?,..."
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is what they used to say about "talkies", and Color films Wink

Andy
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not against 3-D per say; I actually love it very much when the film-makers have decided, from the start, to shoot the entire movie using that technology. What I don't like is someone shooting in 2-D, then transforming it to 3-D: it wasn't meant to be in the first place Confused
Some might even argue that a movie shown in B&W in a movie theatre is also transformed since, originally, it was shot entirely in colour and changed later on. I saw "The Phantom Menace" in 3-D and I thought that some of the effect were not great (depth and background mostly), then I saw "Titanic" (liked the 3-D better)...BR2 will be shot in 3-D, although I cannot confirm this Wink
ocd
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"That is what they used to say about "talkies", and Color films "

LOL!!

Strawman argument. NOT even remotely the same.

IF there is a VIABLE story related REASON for "3-D" in the film, fine.

OTHERWISE,.. it's just another LAME "special effect" used to cover the lack of plot.

Very Happy

"Questions?,..."
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am a Stereo photographer, and I know there are things you just can't see without 3D, things that flat film can not show, and in the end as the technology keeps getting better, it will be common place and mono images will be looked back upon by the new generations the same way kids now look at black and white film. It may be a few more years (or even decades), but I have seen a few 3D films that have done what they were supposed to. But, there are still limitations, and worse yet, Hollywood studio money men and directors that don't use it as anything more than an excuse to charge more for a ticket. It is getting better all the time as people play with it more and learn to use in an effective way. I just know when it is done right, the immersive experience of film is amplified. And, that is what film is all about to me.

Andy
robfilmmaker

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:47 pm    Post subject: Re: 3-D,... shmeee-D,... NOT Reply with quote

ocd wrote:
ANY and ALL "3-D" films are a WASTE of time.

Narrow-minded reasoning.

3D is a tool just like CGI or surround sound. When its done right it adds to the experience. I've seen it done badly and seen it done excellent. Life of Pi in 3D was one of the most visual experiences I've ever seen in the cinema.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: