FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
Standard floor plan mock-up of Deckard´s conapt
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Replica and Screen Used Props
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Syrinx
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:44 am    Post subject: Standard floor plan mock-up of Deckard´s conapt Reply with quote

I´ve drawn a basic floor plan of DEckard´s conapt. This is how I perceive the layout. It´s a bit crammed but I guess that goes well with what is shown in the movie. I used Smart Draw and edited he product to blue print style.

(Feel free to merge with appropriate topic if I´m off base with a new topic.)

/Dave
Bendzhamin1967
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i am working on one also... feel free to merge and correct wither way!!! God knows it is a nightmare. I am BUILDING it in 1/6 scale.
http://propsummit.com/viewtopic.php?t=2049
Bendzhamin1967
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

just realized all my images are missing... i hav done a full set of architecture plans for the apartment, and at first was planning to offer them, but it got to be such a huge deal i will just let them get copied off the thread when i post them, also the SketchUp model will be available soon for everyone to enjoy and mod Cool
Syrinx
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, my input here is only minor. I did see your stuff. The images are viewable in google search but no on the boards. Guess it´s a chache thing.

On your model: You have two areas I wonder about. The second bedroom (behind the living room and right of the bath room.) Is it in any of the shots of the movie, or part of the adjacent conapt? And the "buffer" towards the bedroom... (Facing the street) What is that?

These areas seem surplus and not belonging to the apartment.

Just my thoughts on your model. Without saying, it´s a mammoth job to put something like that together. Great job!
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Syrinx...not bad at all, as you can see, Ben has done quite the research on the apt. I'm sure that 2 minds are better than one and that you and Benzhamin will create the ultimate blueprint Wink
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are some pics down the hall from Deckard's bedroom you can see the hall continuing into a second room on the left. Not sure if it was really part of the floor plan or not, or if they just moved walls around for the sake of the shot, but it works well and is consistent with the rest of the floor plan. Ben has done his research, and every time I thought I had him on something I went back to the reference material and saw exactly why he put it in there. I think some of it had to be speculated on, but he has done a thorough job for sure. BTW Syrinx yours is still much more accurate than just about any other one I have seen other than Ben's. Nice job.

Andy
Syrinx
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys. I´ve read that too, that they had four sets they used next to each other. I guess it´s inevitable that some things overlap.

My point is that Deckard wouldn´t need the extra room. As he is living quite cramped as is, if he had the spare room he´d probably use it as an office or research hub. (Not in the middle of the living room/dining room/piano lounge area...)

I reread the inro of DADOES (Novel) and it states the conapt is spacious that´s a contradiction. But that are true about almost everything regarding BR, right?

I also miss the concept art by Syd Meade in the film. The kitchen and bath room are spot on, while the bedroom lounge took a back seat treatment. I think I´ll implement the sliding master bed in my plan, next.

I´ll check those angles from the bedroom again. The dead space towards the street could easily be converted to a mirrored closet as the one I threw in on the bathroom side.

/ Dave
Bendzhamin1967
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The second bedroom was the worst part of the plan. bu THEN my cynical mind struck upon the fact he used to be married... so there was a second bedroom out of ahem... necessity. .... that being said... i LOVE your layout Very Happy
Syrinx
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I figured that too, one more spillover from the book. I´ll have a look on the script regarding what Deckard says about Iran leaving him and if he changed apartment.

I also had a second look at the bedroom shot facing the balcony and living room. There i looks like the large sheet window 2x2 meters is opposite the bathroom wall.

The layout will be tweaked over the weekend. With supplementary perspectives for my take on this.

Cheers!
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never thought as Deck's apt. as cramp quarters. I find the layout and the square footage (I'll leave the guessing to others on that one )fairly good and comfortable...sure, Deckard could sure use the help of a cleaner from time to time Wink
Syrinx
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Three things make it claustrophobic but ultra effective! The over the top utilized kitchen and bathroom plus the lowered ceilings in parts of the apartment. This probably make it cheaper to warm up as it´s less air that needs circulating.
I wouldn´t mind living in that - should it have been real.
Now over to the drwing board again.

I did find an error in the apartment shot when Rachel is coming after Deckard in his bedroom / sofa / lounge.

The left picture is from Deckard looking for something. Sheet glass and only three tiled column next to the door leading out on the balcony.

The right (cropped) picture is almost the same angle (Deckard sleeping in the sofa/bed). Rachel is about to come around the corner.
Also not included is blinds on the window and yellow/gold curtains. (Those I didn´t see anywhere else in the apartment. Not in the bedroom either to be honest. Anyway, in the right shot the tiled column looks to be more than six tiles and continuing over where the sheet glass should be.

Is this old news regarding the apartment enigma? Mind you that I´m taking my first stumbling steps here.
I´m playing this as an edit glitch in the cutting room. They forgot to add the correct background to the shot.

Glad for any input.

/Dave
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just assumed that since the shot was closer and at a tighter angle you are looking further down the hall, and more of the wall there in that shot. The edge of the window can be seen on the very right hand side of the second shot.

Andy
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a quick job to show the edge of the hall column of blocks, and windows edge, and how the block overhang with the recessed light still lines up to it. The right hand line is the edge of the window.

The window is fully inside the bedroom and not in the hall.

Andy
Bendzhamin1967
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NOW you know why i had headaches while doing this.... Wink
Syrinx
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Point taken. I made my 2nd attempt.
I incorporated a few new things which I believe I´ve spotted. Might be wrong here. Just hear me out.

So, what´s new?
    Added the folding wall. That´s the blue tall thing next to Deckard´s desk, I imagine.

Recessed windows.

Walk in corridor to the balcony.

Balcony is semi-covered and has a section with chairs and a table.
    Also, the double doors open the bedroom up to the balcony. (Noticed to bulbs on the windows - gotta be handles.) Wink

Added the corner of the building to the plan as seen from the shot of Deckard at the balcony.

Deleted the wardrobes.

I made the corridors a bit tighter and aligned the support pillars so they stand symmetrically.

The mystery room added. Found two shots showing the hallway. One of them was so good I saw the blinds and window in the background.
    That paired with the surveillance cam, cactus plant, three mirrors and chairs with the Buddha on the table, started the process of tweaking the old master bedroom.

The double bed and a vanity mirror with penfield attached. Deckard got his bachelor´s sofa/bed as his sleeping quarters instead.

The area between the second bedroom and the bathroom is either part of the adjacent conapt or the elevator shaft for the next section of the building. Alternatively it´s ventilation, heating and water.

That´s the changes so far.
Bendzhamin1967
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

looking good!!! Cool
Syrinx
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First off Ben, I have to admit that the more I spend with the layout, the more I see your plan is correct. The most recent recognition is the divider in the entry hall. Directly to the right of the front door walking in. I guess it´s a door stop with a storage area behind.

Now, some shots to explain my 2nd layout. (Still finding things needing tweaking...)

The shot showing the chair and the cabinet with mirror on the right wall of the corridor from the living room divider and the bathroom wall.

Another angle of the cabinet w mirror is here:

Part of the cabinet is visible, barely, in the lower right corner, with a cactus from a closer location in the corridor disturbing the picture.

From this angle it seems that the corridor is thinning one tile after the cabinet...
In this shot you see the window and blinds in the "master bedroom" quite good.

A shot from the divider, showing the cabinet with the same bowl as in the first shot. With a tile creating the semi alcove of the area.

Following up with the actual mirror.

Turning to the left, a cropped shot of the window. The question is if it´s to the outside or to a rear exit.

When inverting the colours, I believe it´s a rear door behind the blinds.
What do you think? The layout would be a mirrored entry as the one in the living room.

I really wanted the double framed window to be a set of doors. Now on inspecting the shot, I see they are a bit too wide. Bummer. Anyway, the "door knobs" are there. At least in my imagination. It would make perfectly sense if that room were used as a dining room with the opportunity to set a table indoors and outdoors. You can see, though, that the balcony is built in.

Over to the living room. What I imagine as folding doors are these two sets of things. When pulled out the create a sealed off working area for Deckard.
The lowered ceiling works great with this idea.

Sorry for the picture overload here. Just wanted to show my way of thinking.

/Dave
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do think that these "folding doors or dividers" are in fact a wardrobe of some kind (see the objects on top of it...vase, a suitcase I think).
It's a funky design for such a piece of furniture, but hey, we're talking about Deck's hoarding quality designer pieces: from FLLW to McIntosh and other pricy antiques Wink
Syrinx
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess he never bothered to use it and placed kipple on top of it. Hey, there´s stuff everywhere where it´s possible to stack things in the apartment.

But I agree it looks like a wardrobe from the kitchen angle. My thought is that with such an open plan, a folding wall would be nice.
Bendzhamin1967
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i am flattered of course, and happy to see that you are over-laying the screen caps with linear info... which is what i did as well. the DOOR shown in the inverted pic was a guess by me... i wanted a window there to balance it out so i made a judgment call. Keep up the good work!!! Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Replica and Screen Used Props All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: