FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
Star Wars deja vu?

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bwood
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:28 am    Post subject: Star Wars deja vu? Reply with quote

Posted on the Digital Bits website 5/30/2012.

"Yes, Warner Home Video is indeed preparing a new Blade Runner: 30th Anniversary Edition Blu-ray and DVD for release on 10/2. In fact, it's already up for pre-order on Amazon for $59. Details are still a bit sketchy as the title is not yet officially announced, but word is it will be a 4-disc BD/DVD/UltraViolet Combo in 72-page BD book packaging. A lot of you have been asking if there's anything new on this set. According to the Amazon listing, it's going to include "All new bonus content disc featuring the existing EC from the UCE plus Photo Gallery with 1,000+ images", the Dangerous Days documentary and more. That's kind of confusing, but the one thing we CAN TELL YOU FOR SURE TODAY is that this "Photo Gallery with 1000+ images" is something that was created for the previous Ultimate Edition briefcase set but couldn't be included for lack of disc space. So that is definitely all new, previously-unreleased material. Personally, I'm REALLY hoping that the Dangerous Days documentary is finally included in full high-definition because that's how it was originally produced (it was only in the previous BD set as a DVD disc). That would be a very nice upgrade indeed. There was at least one other extra feature produced for the briefcase - a featurette on the Spinner - that went unused back in 2007 for space reasons, and while it's a long shot we're hoping it's in this new set as well. Rest assured, I'm already working to find out and will let you know more as soon as I'm able. For the record, the set will apparently offer new swag, including an "all new concept Spinner car" replica and another "action Lenticular" hologram. More as we get it. [Editor's Note: We've been communicating back and forth with WHV over the last couple hours. Here's the official update: The new gallery will be included on the set in full HD. It appears that Dangerous Days will still be SD only. It goes without saying that I'm STRONGLY encouraging WHV to reconsider. The new gallery and swag is just not reason enough for fans to buy this film again. However, adding the unseen Spinner featurette and upgrading Dangerous Days to full HD would be a different story. Again, further details as they come in."
Gero
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TFS, Bwood.
That sounds interresting for me. I think I'll buy one of this new anniversary edition.
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting indeed...yes for Dangerous Days in HD (pleeeaase
TFS Bwood!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: