FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
The Blade Runner Blaster Nano Redux: The Executive Project

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bolsoncerrado
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:16 pm    Post subject: The Blade Runner Blaster Nano Redux: The Executive Project Reply with quote

executive:(1) Designed or fitted for execution, or carrying into effect; as, executive talent; qualifying for, concerned with, or pertaining to, the execution of the laws or the conduct of affairs; (2) persons who administer the law (see executor).

executor: (1) (n.) One who executes or performs; a doer; as, an executor of baseness. (n.) An executioner, retirer.

retire:
1. To cause to withdraw from one's usual field of activity; 2. To lead (troops, for example) away from action; withdraw. 3. To take out of circulation...

Please be welcome to...

The Blade Runner Blaster
Nano Redux:

Do not try to adjust your monitors... Picture deliberately blurred!
The Executive Project
Interest Thread

Introduction:

As a movie lover, I've always enjoyed props, so I started collecting them a while ago. One of the props that made history on all meanings needs no introduction: The Blade Runner Blaster.

Might be one of the most replicated props out there, and one of the most expensive ones too, starting with the original prop going for $255K on auction to the late Full Metal Worldcon versions, to the smallest scaled one, the infamous Tomenosuke Nano Blaster.

Probably as much sought after as the original Blaster, the Tomenosuke Nano made a hit on auctions too, but also in my heart. As a collector, I've always wanted to try and seek for the grails of each movie prop, to the point of being able to afford it, of course.

Not being able to afford one (nor to find it), my only way of escaping was to build one myself. But oh well, I'm null to handcrafting, so the only way out was to find the parts to build one set to my satisfaction.

The Executive Project:

One day, researching for a case for my upcoming 1:1 Full Metal Worldcon Blaster, an idea came to my mind: a fully featured metal case in 1/6 scale too! For a 1/6 Full Metal Worldcon Blaster! What a dream! Yeah, let's dream, it will feature 1/6 real brass shells, 1/6 custom acrylic stand, 1/6 quick reference guide and 1/6 manual, 1/6 weapons permit... dreams, dreams, dreams.... Or not??

I once more started to seek the hardest part: 1/6 scaled custom accessories for my dream. The end of the road was quite far though... none or almost anything exist. Me being null at handcrafting and Google not helping, I kept seeking just a bit more, until some pieces began to match...

...until now! I did manage to get a fully featured 1/6 Blaster, WorldCon version!

One will think: "No one will beat japanese guys on 1/6 scale!", and in fact they're right. I don't see a Nano easy to beat at all, specially being unable to craft one by myself from scratch. eBay helped a bit here, so I started seeking 1/6 models around. And found some. Next, the stands... I had to build them so I contacted fellow RPFer Pete and he helped! Then shells... and found some! Then the cases... and found some! Executive cases. The case for an executor. A retirer.

And fellow RPFer neosporing came with a name (thanks bud! Wink: The Executive Blaster.
Current Project Status:
Now, for personal reasons, project halted, as there were other priorities in life and emo was not high by that point.

So here's the list of currently "aboard" features already available for shipping/display:

- 1/6 scaled, WorldCon paintjob, full metal (except grips), Blade Runner Blaster
- 1/6 set of 5 real brass .44 cal shells
- 1/6 custom made acrylic stand featuring 2 possible display positions
- 1/6 fully featured, full metal alu case featuring real hinges, metal grip, metal fully working lock system (yeah you get 1/6 <<cla>> opening noise too!!), black lined interior, document holder with plastic sleeve and custom foam cut (in the works, just prototype quick pics available).

The TO-DO list would include:
- 1/6 scale Weapons Permit
- 1/6 scale Blaster Manual and/or Quick Reference Guide (in the works)

The WISH list would include:
- 1/6 scale Blaster holster

As for the TODO/WISH lists, there is a LOT of talented people here, so I wouldn't mind at all teaming up and see what we come up with! If you think you can do anything or all of the above, just PM me!

Pricing and Edition Size:
My initial thought was to make a very limited run of these, 25 or 30 at most, with 2 or 3 Artist Proof ones that would go free to friends out there. All of them with, possibly, a custom 1/6 plaque and L.E. number in it. Sometimes though, price for smaller parts is more expensive than big ones, and the plaque would not be different. That is a bit discouraging too.

As for the price, none has been set yet. I just have to say: it won't go CHEAP. There are multiple reasons. I wouldn't count the endless time I spent seeking all the stuff and putting it up altogether but also the materials "included" in the paint job, like real BlueWonder gun blueing system, Tamiya paint, GWS satin finisher and of course not to mention the custom made 1/6 scaled Blaster stand to fit everything and the foam cutting job that still has to be polished and with a correct foam and a custom made foam cutter made for the occasion.

Hence, I have no price for you guys.

I spent quite some time researching and this is the point where I should seek interest here, to find out if this is something I should invest more time (and money) or just fire it away and forget. I do have pics of the stuff, the above one is not a marketing issue but just that I'm feeling a bit embarrassed on the rest of Artists and Pro's that live here... I'll have to work on this point, if there's ANY interest...

You speak, I guess.

Thanks for reading! Wink

edited to remove the formatting from the website which wasn't working on the board. dk0667

Last edited by bolsoncerrado on Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
cratercritter
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The link asks me to log-in before I can access..... I am not a member of that forum.
bolsoncerrado
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok i added the info here anyay.

Thanks
cratercritter
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks.
1:6 scale is pretty small. I think that is why Tomenosuke did their nano in 1:5 scale instead of 1:6.

I had a 1:5 scale Tom' nano blaster and it is still quite puny at that scale.

Still quite an interesting project.
Depends on the price..might buy one.

Much prefer one at half 1:2 scale. Would be able to get heaps more detail, especially if doing a plaque and like you said it would still be expensive going at super small scale.

cratercritter
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Intriguing Cool

Andy
bolsoncerrado
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Might be 1/5, unsure of that. I have no info on the TNano as i dont own one and i cant read japanese Wink

how large is the tnano?
It came in 2 flavours when on retail right? Kit and finished right?
How much was the tnano on retail for each?
I remember a temponaut post about a tnano auction endin on crazy $5000 or so, right?

This one is far from a tnano, but still cool thanks to the extras i guess....
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The original Nano was 2,000 yen, or about $20 (depending on exchange rate). They shot up to over $100 briefly with resellers here, but I didn't see them sell at that price more than once. Probably because only a few showed up on ebay here. I know they sold at high prices there too, but not sure on the prices they commanded. And yes, they were 1:5 scale.

Here is the Nano thread at Tomenosuke...

http://tenshu53.exblog.jp/tags/%E7%95%99%E3%83%96%E3%83%A9nano/

Andy
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is the original price here...

Quote:
PVC (2,100 yen tax included) and kit (including tax ¥ 1,890), and each can be ordered up to five per person.
Shipping is a flat 100 yen (for a bank transfer payment), bon appétit product will be shipped starting in June 29.

I use google to translate the pages which can be pretty tricky and misleading though.

Andy
bolsoncerrado
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bon apetit product!?!? Lol! Indeed!

Wow! $20 to $5000? that sounds as the insanest profit rate ive seen in my life!!

Why does it say pvc and kit? Pvc the plastic or pvc as the finished version?

Btw the one being offered here is far from a tomenosuke quality, its just casted in metal. The origins are unknown to me..
cratercritter
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think the little 1:5 Tomenosuke nano ever sold for $5000 Shocked (unless maybe it was one of those "one-off" crazy charity auctions or something strange like that)....does not sound right at all. The big Tomo's at 1:1 sold for $5000 after market more like it.
I bought a T'nano blaster off ebay last year at a time when there were quite a few selling from Japan seller for around $59 in mid 2009. Some were selling for $120 to $150 on ebay at the time as well, depending on the timing and bidding ferosity.
The T'nano is only all plastic. A good detailed casting for its size though. Metal would be cooler ...as long as the casting is pretty clean.

....So, is the suitcase and the blaster in that blurry picture the actual product at miniature scale, say 1:6 or whatever?....because it looks pretty cool, the blaster looks well detailed and painted, even though the picture isn't too clear. Cool

cratercritter

Last edited by cratercritter on Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the $5,000 price was for the full size Tomenosuke. That was what I heard of an all time high for one of those going for before the AP limited edition Build-ups were sold at about the same price.

Andy
bolsoncerrado
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup, i missread it and forgot this was about the 1:1 and not the nano. That would have been crazy lol!
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unless it fires real ammo
kaiburr
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

quarter scale would be amazing, I hope this is either 1/4 or 1/6. as those are the standard sizes for collectible figures, it would make perfect sense to build the ultimate gun in that size.

Nathan
bolsoncerrado
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Imho the ultimate in that size is the original TNano...

This is just a call for those without a nano but still want to display something that scale with a few extras...

The stand can fit the case and the case should
fit 1/6 figures...
bolsoncerrado
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are some pics, i unveil them asking just for a little respect for those of you who don't see this as a masterpiece (which is NOT, btw Wink)

[CENTER]

[/CENTER]

TODO jobs on these:

- Foam cut is just a test fitting
- Bullets need to be trimmed on the butt part
- buttplate on the gun needs to be worldconized as well
- Different paint technique will be applied to the next AP
- May be darken the grips a bit more
- May be darken the reciever a bit more
- Permit and quick reference manual in 1/6 in the works...
Bendzhamin1967
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AWESOME... i just bought the silver briefcase for the animation set i am doing and it is a very nice version of a ZERO HALLIBURTON style case.(also a handy Business card holder)... i got it to dress the set, and also to use for the AGENT 47 short film i am working on concurrently with the Blade Runner film...

http://cgi.ebay.com/FA336-1-6-Action-Figure-Accessories-Silver-Metal-Case-/320561524358?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4aa2f4ae86

I filled it with 1/6 scale versions of a rep detective dossier... looks friggin' cool in the photos...

I LOVE THIS SITE!!!
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very good stuff (love the bullets also).
bolsoncerrado
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still have the bits n pieces... ne1 intd? Wink
Masao
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice case. Who makes/sells it?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> The Prop Shop All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: