FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
On the Hunt!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Replica and Screen Used Props
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BlasterHound83

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:47 pm    Post subject: On the Hunt!! Reply with quote

OK, I posted this in the shop, but I got no hits. So, I'm gonna try here.
I'm looking for an inexpensive 1:1 scale PKD replica. Just picked up an Offworld M2019 on ebay for $202.50 and the handle is a tad too small.

It's got 90% of the bells & whistles i.e.: moving parts and the 4 red LEDs, but the trigger guard gets in the way & hurts my middle finger when I hold it.

I have a resin one too which is a good size, but I don't want to have to worry about it shattering into a million pieces if I accidentally drop it. The amber grips also keep falling off no matter how many times I glue 'em back on. I think it's a casting of a Coyle model.

I'll post pictures of them soon. Any info on where I can get one or if anyone is selling or interested in a possible trade would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

P.S.
Wouldn't mind snagging one of those really sexy magnum versions as an alternative!!
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unless you are willing to wait for the Tomenosuke Pro, Rich Coyle has got the only really accurate model in production right now. Rick Ross might be coming out with some stuff in the next year too. But other than that, You got what you can get that is any good, unless you want one of the toy guns to convert. Most of these guns all had small grips. Except Rick's and the Oz shop based guns. Most of them were based on shrunken rubber stunt pistols, recast and shrunken themselves. Now the newer guns have corrected that .

Andy
propsjonnyb
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can make you a larger custom handle for your Offword, as could Marsattacks, as we are the only two people approved by Rich Coyle but I'd need the inner handle from the model to make the custom fit , PM if you're interested.
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The inner handle is a match for a bulldog. they use the same grip frame on both the .44 and .38 sp bulldogs. Matching up the screw tap holes would be the tricky part.

Andy
BlasterHound83

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, sounds good. However, all things considered with my current blaster, I would also like to know where I can get the magnum version? I saw the build up from doppelganger01's thread and I was drooling! I'd be more than happy to get my hands on that version as an alternative.

...anyone?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Replica and Screen Used Props All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: