FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
Parks Sabers

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Once-bitten
Banned!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 2:11 pm    Post subject: Parks Sabers Reply with quote

A little bit of a wait to recieve my saber (11 weeks) and a bit confusing to deal with both the people that handle his site and Jeff Parks himself, but in the end the product is superior to any other I've found.
Jeff does most of the machining himself and last I heard has purchased the rights to recreate the Luke ANH, Kenobi and Vader MPP.
Here's the link: www.parksabers.com
darkknight0667
Community Guide

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For another perspective, check out this thread from the RPF about Parks.
amish
Community Guide

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
last I heard has purchased the rights to recreate the Luke ANH, Kenobi and Vader MPP.

Actually, he does not have the right to do so in the form that is representative of Star Wars, however; since the three sabers are all made of found parts, he can sell them as such. I believe at one point he did have a nice battle with LFL and ended up winning. Though, he does not have the right to sell them as Star Wars lightsabers.

On a personal note, I have not had a problem when ordering from Parks, though, at the time I would order via the now defunct jedigear.com which was ran by one of his employees. That employee was since let go, and I have not ordered from him since.

As for the wait, I understand a 14 week waiting period is normal and listed somewhere on his site.
sycor
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As it was said, he is just replicating parts that were already known. Which is why his "Obi-Wan" saber is not actually accurate if you look really closely. His Graflex replicas are great but the other "Star Wars" sabers leave a little to be desired.
Once-bitten
Banned!

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My first purchase from Jeff was some parts to go with others I had on hand...look here if interested: http://nopeek.tripod.com/bitten/id40.html

My second purchase was an attempt to get parts made for some Graflex pieces I had. Jeff looked at the pieces and told me he would make me a deal on a complete and new Graflex, which he then did! Not only did he send me the parts back, he also threw in a couple of parts for free I told him I was having trouble getting from a competitor. Sorry...no pics yet.

The third purchase I have made from him has turned out to be a bit trying. It's his Rogue Duece and after the 11 week wait it arrived, broken.
I have sent it back and am once more doing the waiting game, so...we'll see what happens.
Once-bitten
Banned!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally got up my overview:
http://nopeek.tripod.com/bitten/id82.html
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Buyer Feedback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: