FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
Blade Runner 25th Anniversary Celebration?

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Art Deckard
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 1:49 am    Post subject: Blade Runner 25th Anniversary Celebration? Reply with quote

Sorry if this is covered elsewhere but for the life of me i can't find the interview with Ridley Scott where he announced that the theatrical release of the Final Cut would involve some kind of celebration. With stars in attendance and Vangelis 'doing his thing'. Razz

This makes me weak at the knees just thinking about it. I'm sure he mentioned the name of the Theatre House in LA too.

Can any of you chaps enlighten me? Are there any concrete plans?

Will plebs be allowed to attend?

I may have to sell a kidney.
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked Huh? I wish I had heard of something like this. Sounds like a rumor though.
Art Deckard
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Frank Gehry Hall in LA, apparently. Spread the word.

Borrowed from Bladezone:

Existential angst meets dystopian sci-fi meets film noir as Harrison Ford’s cop trails four perfect cyborgs, or Replicants, who have escaped to Earth. The film was recut for its first release by nervous distributors. The version now available on DVD is Scott’s own cut, which lacks the voice-over of the original cinematic release.

“I’d had success with The Duellists and Alien, and when I started on Blade Runner, even though I was 42, I was the new kid on the block in Hollywood. But I was pretty tough when it came to process, procedure and business as I’d had a hugely successful ad company for 12 years. Now I was being passed around and being told what to do and had to curb my temper and bite my tongue. It was such a strange world. People who had neither the right nor the authority were asking me questions and I was not used to that.

“It was like: ‘Why is it always raining?’ 'Cos I want it.’ ‘Why is it always night time?’ – ’cos it’s a film noir.’ But through sheer tenacity I pushed it through, because if you budge you will be walked all over. I was very unpopular and I didn’t care because to me it was important to get the film right, and in fact I was killing myself doing so. But at the end of the day I got it right.

“It’s being re-released to celebrate the 25th anniversary next year and shown at the beautiful Frank Geary Hall in LA .They’ll get the cast back together and probably Vangelis (who wrote the soundtrack) will do his thing and it will be a huge event because there is no question that it is now a cult classic. Warner Brothers tell me that next to Casablanca it is their most requested title.”

Link to full article/interview here: http://entertainment.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,14931-2388287,00.html
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: