FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
WTB Blaster w/case and extras ;)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bolsoncerrado
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:05 pm    Post subject: WTB Blaster w/case and extras ;) Reply with quote

Just keep offers flowing. Seeking most accurate, full metal version possible.

If it comes with neat case and extras, the better Wink
ironfist
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

then you might want to sign up for the RAC kit on the prop shop page. or save up like 3 grand for the next run of the japanese version? that all that really going on right now in the blaster prop world.
bolsoncerrado
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

3 grand? Japanese version? Who? Where?

Details? Links?

Thanksp
Staar
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bolsoncerrado wrote:
3 grand? Japanese version? Who? Where?

Details? Links?

Thanksp

Tomenosuke blaster:

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&sl=ja&tl=en&u=http://tenshu53.exblog.jp/tags/%25E7%2595%2599%25E4%25B9%258B%25E5%258A%25A9%25E3%2583%2596%25E3%2583%25A9%25E3%2582%25B9%25E3%2582%25BF%25E3%2583%25BC/&prev=_t&rurl=translate.google.com

propsjonnyb
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'd have to go to Japan to buy one , they have tightened up on exporting replicas guns so it will not be available internationally - ever . This is now Japanese Law and you could face a fine if you're caught taking one out of the country!
bolsoncerrado
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tomenosuke? I thought it was soldout.

U sai 300usd or 3000?

How does marui manage to export airsoft guns then?
racprops
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well here is the fun part..

And I hope this will be considered correctly as both information and yes a plug for my model that I have worked so darn hard on for the past dozen years…

As we are talking about these models and someone just plugged the new Tomenosuke blaster, I feel I can plug mine…

SO FYI:

I mold my model right off a real Steyr receiver and a real Steyr Ammo housing and clip, and a real Bulldog pistol so all these nitpicking details like the parting line of the real Steyr ammo housing is all real on mine.

AND some of the small details that the real parts came with...

I also get a kick out how they are recreating the wrong wiring for the sight rod.

On the gun when found at Worldcon it was both pairs of wires glued to the outside, and cut, not as repaired for the auction with one pair inside and one pair outside and both wired up to light the LEDs.

So close and yet so far off.

And it looks like (from their own pictures) they did not get the ware pattern understood, as they seem to have rubber the bluing off ALL corners of the receiver and are not getting the real world of holster ware that only wares in some places…on the other hand they are doing it correctly on the side covers…

After so many builds and orders I am going with what many feel was the way it was intended, and more with a screen accurate version, without all the flaws in the found model.

So currently I off this version of the Blade Runner Blaster:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190342167142&ssPageName=STRK:MESOX:IT

With these details:

This model is corrected to be film accurate, the original prop found at Worldcon '06 was found with a number of Defects and Changes.

One change was the round screw on the right side cylinder cover changed to a knob from a old weaver rifle scope. This is knob NOT in the film. All shots of the prop was checked using a Blue Ray HD DVD. The round head screw was in EVERY frame of that side.

Another change is a missing screw that held the rear of the ammo housing to the prop, this is in place on this model.

The model is not rusty, not scratched, nor scuffed, not with a cracked grip, not with a cracked left side cover and not with a cracked sighting rod.

I have also been asked by 90% of orders to hide the white wires that power the side rod green LEDs. And to power these two green LEDs.

This is done as it is believed the prop makers did try to hide these wires, (Black tape was found in the case and in the dropped gun scene it seems this was used to cover these wires.) and at some point the LEDs did work. The cleaned up model sold at the Profile of History Auction had these in a 50/50 conduction, two hidden wires and two wires on the outside.

This model is shipped looking nearly brand new, just as we believe it was when handed to Mr. Ford on set.

Due to the totally faithful recreation of the Bulldog pistol and the action and cylinder with its 44 rounds, this is a Set Accurate copy of an original hand prop. These actions and features was not shown within the film, but is known from pictures of the real prop.

Rich

PS you can get my model for around $1200.00 and it is all metal but for the grips and ammo housing and clip or even get one ot the two versions I am offering only here to propsummit in the propshop:

http://propsummit.com/viewtopic.php?t=1956&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

PPS, and if you willing to go through a gun dealer and within the USA, I can build you a real working shooting Pistol with a real live Bulldog 44 inside for around $2000.00.

Caution: I have yet to fire one so I have no idea if the side covers will with stand the blow back..I would do this with the clear understanding it is at your own risk, but it CAN be done.

And at $3000.00 USD the new Tomenosuke Blaster Model is making mine look like the bargain basement deal....
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

propsjonnyb wrote:
You'd have to go to Japan to buy one , they have tightened up on exporting replicas guns so it will not be available internationally - ever . This is now Japanese Law and you could face a fine if you're caught taking one out of the country!

Are you sure about this? They had a page for sales outside Japan for a while when they first sold it. I know several people in the U.S. that got one. I think only the artist proofs are available now at close to $5,000 if I am not mistaken. I think those are sold out now too. There are only 20 of those. the rest are sold out and the kit originally went for about $800 and Built up for $1,200, the after market sales for them are arounf $3,000 though and that might be where the price came from.

Andy
propsjonnyb
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should have qualified my post , as the view I expressed applies only UK and Europe and our 'American cousins' still have an advantage as they could buy ( assuming it meets legislation ) any 'new' Tomenosuke from Japan - we unfortunately cannot , nor can we buy one that you (USA) offer for sale

Crying or Very sad boo hoo!!
bolsoncerrado
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So uk Is not in europe? Wink
im in spain and never had a problem importing any kind of weapon replica so far, including a sdstudios m41a...

Kitchen knives are more dangerous than a tomenosuke dont u think? Wink
racprops
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The UK can be done, we will be shipping my kits though a licensed prop maker, so I can get you a model.

(By licensed, I mean he makes props for film and stage and is licensed as a prop maker, not that he has a license for Blade Runner…)

Most of the European countries seem clear, but I always ask people to check.

So far Spain, Belgium, Italy (other than a problem with shipping insurance) France, Sweden have been OK.

Australia is totally shut down and even owning a toy gun is against the law now. (So sad…)

Other countries I don’t know as I have not sold anything there..yet?

Rich
cratercritter
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

racprops wrote:
"...Australia is totally shut down and even owning a toy gun is against the law now. (So sad…)....." Rich

Not really totally shutdown....just, shall we say a tad difficult to get these replicas and toys in. And...The gun ownership & import laws in Australia vary State by State. Laws more stringent with pistols and hand guns.
Twisted Evil
You can still own a toy gun in SouthAust say, but there are certain cases when a toy is considered illegal. One has to read the actual legislation to see what they can and can't do with replicas and toys.

I am not 100% sure ... I understand that in some states in Australia, one can order or buy a gun kit, but once it is built and looks like a gun with certain moving parts, it is considered illegal. Not sure...but I don't really want to know details at the moment. If I decide to (again), or anyone else decides to seriously consider bringing in a kit or built replica/toy into Australia, then I guess the full ins and outs of the law need to be looked into.
A kit or replica gun pieces, more likely to by-pass customs and land straight to your door I guess.
Wink
racprops
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I stand corrected, thanks...

Rich
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> The Prop Shop All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: