FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
BR Whiskey Bottle Project...BOTTLE REALIZED...AGAIN???!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 59, 60, 61  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Replica and Screen Used Props
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nexus6
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

repdetect
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HEY GANG !!....OB told me that the BR bottle run will be extended to 200
so, steady guys !!...i guess everybody will be served
Roy
Banned!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Repdetect---
Did he really tell you that or are you guessing?

It would make sense since he say's his interest list is over 80 and ALL of those have the option of buying two.

I for one am planning on two...anyone else?
Once-bitten
Banned!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

repdetect is correct.
After careful consideration I have upped the production run on the bottle to 200 unit's. That way we are definately covered for the interest list signers! Cool
ridleyville
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
HAve been away for a while and have been catching up with the bottle info, i have not had an email confirming i was on the list. Could you make sure you have my emaill address as i am a definate purchaser and would hate to think i will miss out.
Cheers
Once-bitten
Banned!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ridleyville,
You bet! I'm going over to confrm your e-mail presently.
Once-bitten
Banned!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ridleyville,
I just checked and you ARE on the list...did you recieve the THIRD update?
Once-bitten
Banned!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It might be a good idea for everyone who signed a Statement and who is reading here to check with me as to their name being on the list...I've just discovered that I may be missing a few names.
Thank-you for your co-operation!

Nexus6---you don't need to check in with me, I KNOW you are not on the list.
I'm JOKING! Please don't hit me with anymore cat pictures!Very Happy
Nexus6
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once-bitten wrote:
Nexus6---you don't need to check in with me, I KNOW you are not on the list.
I'm JOKING! Please don't hit me with anymore cat pictures!Very Happy

How 'bout this one:

Once-bitten
Banned!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's AWESOME...
ridleyville
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I just checked and you ARE on the list...did you recieve the THIRD update?

Thanks for checking and putting my mind at rest. I have not had the third update as yet.
Thanks for all your hard work, can't wait to get hold of the bottle.
SCOFFMAN
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FYI - Checking Phil's website for the Cibi glasses: "INVENTORY AS OF 3/9/2008 - 74 GLASSES IN STOCK"

I know this isn't accurate anymore, as I ordered two of them last week(and they are here today!) and since the inventory hasn't been updated for nearly a month, there could be even less thn 72 of them left...

So if you were thinking of ordering some glasses to go along with the bottle, you want might want to think about getting some in the near future... dunno how much of a demand there will be for them, but you never know...
Once-bitten
Banned!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know there are two less than that as of yesterday...I ordered a couple more myself to make a complete set of five.
I hope you all wish Phil well when you order from him and tell him O.B. sent you!

Ridleyville
Your E-Mail is not working! I just tried to send you the third up-date and it came back as undeliverable. PLEASE post me your e-mail again!
SCOFFMAN
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just received my Cibi DOF glasses today. I'm going to refrain from drinking out of them until I get my BR JW bottles! I've been looking around on the web about the glasses, and I thought you all might find this humorous... this is from the actual PDF Catalog from the Arnolfo di Cambio website (http://www.arnolfodicambio.com/web/index_eng.html): "Significant examples include the Smoke glass of Joe Colombo and Mapan by Sergio Asti, both on display in the permanent collection at the MoMa in New York, and Cibi which became familiar to a wider public because of its use in Steven Spielberg’s film “Blade Runner”".

I wonder if Ridley knows that his movie was REALLY made by Spielberg... at least in Italy!

I also just wanted to comment on Phil Steinschneider's service. I ordered a pair of the glasses from him just before midnight PST on 4/2... and had received a reply from him on the order sometime in the wee morning hours on Thursday. He shipped it out on Friday morning, and obviously by this post I had received it by Monday evening. The glasses were wrapped in several layers of newspaper, then in bubble-wrap with clear wrapping tape... which Phil even kindly folded over the loose ends of so it could be easily peeled off. This was all enclosed in a generous amount of foam peanuts in a new USPS Priority Mail box...not some shoddy, beat- up reused cardbox box. To say the least, it came off to me to be a very professional job and I am very impressed with his service and packing, especially considering his reasonable pricing on the glassware. Other than Tuscan Hills, the only other web site I saw offering the glasses was www.fitzsu.com (http://www.fitzsu.com/arnolfo-cambio-cibi-double-fashion-pair-p-4832.html) for $128 a pair shipped, whereas Phil is only charging $106 shipped. Kudos to Phil!

One other note, I thought you might find the description from Fitzsu's website of interest... "Arnolfo di Cambio Cibi Double Old Fashion Glasses, Pair. Each article of "Arnolfo di Cambio" crystal is mouth blown and hand-cut by artisans in Italy. It is thus rare for any one piece to be identical to another. A small bubble, for example, is caused by the gases that are united when the raw materials are fused. A variation of thickness may occur during the glassblower's handling of the liquid crystal. These are not flaws but rather symbols of the originality of each piece and evidence that the articles have not been mechanically processed. The result is an individually crafted object d'art. Please enjoy your "Arnolfo di Cambio" crystal, knowing the skill and dexterity required to create your crystal, and recognize variations from one piece to another as part of the beauty of hand-made craftwork."

I know this isn't exactly on-topic about the bottle reproduction, but I thought that since others have expressed interest in acquiring the glasses to go with the bottle I'd pass along this information. Please feel free to move this to another forum topic as appropriate.

Scoffman
Deckards double
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's quite interesting as i ordered a glass from phil years ago (which i adore) and my brother who is also a huge BR fan had to have one after seeing mine.
So i ordered another glass but when it came through and i checked it the wall thickness of the glass was noticably thicker.

It some how feels better sipping from thinner glass....

Can't wait for this bottle!!!
BeastMaster
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! This is really coming along nicely! Very Happy

I've been out of the loophole lately. Have you still got my name on the list OB? Smile
Once-bitten
Banned!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PM sent Beast.

I should explain something...I can be a bit slow at times. Slow on the up-take you know?
I have just finished going through my ENTIRE interest list by hand (printer on the fritz) because I noticed that the count on my mailing draft was less than the count on my Interest list. I assumed I had lost a few e-mails.
Some of you have checked in with me, a very few actually, and this leads me to believe that most of the Statement Signers on my list are either from cyberspace or don't follow this thread OR BOTH!
You got that part about being slow?
I also realized after all the checking and double checking that I simply hadn't scrolled to the bottom of the e-mail draft address section when I checked it the first time...all the addresses have been accounted for accept for one that starts like this:

demonserpent

I have an e-mail sent and am waiting for a reply.
The only other two at this point that I am concerned about are Beastmaster's (PM sent) and last but certainly NOT least Ridleyville!
I have tried to e-mail Ridleyville (e-mail returned as invalid) and have sent him a PM but havent heard back. If I don't hear from him it does not mean he wont get a bottle.
Actually I'll probably set one aside for him just to be certain.
Thanks for your time...hope to hear from more of you!
Nexus6
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once-bitten wrote:
I have tried to e-mail Ridleyville (e-mail returned as invalid) and have sent him a PM but havent heard back. If I don't hear from him it does not mean he wont get a bottle.
Actually I'll probably set one aside for him just to be certain.
Thanks for your time...hope to hear from more of you!

IIRC, isn't he a long-standing member over at the BladeZone forums? If so, you might have an easier time getting in touch with him there...

*shrugs*
ridleyville
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks everyone, information has been sent regarding email contact.
I have not been able to get online until today due to work.
Hope all is ok now
Once-bitten
Banned!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Nexus for the suggestion...have I mentioned that GARY WILLOUGHBY recently joined the list? VERY exciting....
Thanks Geoff! I have sent out the latest up-date to the e-mails you provided. Hope to hear back from you soon!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Replica and Screen Used Props All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 59, 60, 61  Next
Page 16 of 61

Jump to: